Shimano 105 crank power meter mix up.

PierreH

Hi All

I'm looking to purchase a power meter equipped Shimano 105 5800 left crank arm. I currently have a Shimano 105 5600 crank set.

Will it fit on my current set?

The reason I am wondering is because the crank cap ( black plastic bolt ) on the left side seems to look a bit different, maybe a deeper relief? ( I'm not sure if it actually is different.. just kind of seems like it on images).

Any help is appreciated  :)

It should work as long as it is a hollowtech crank arm.

I used different Ultegra models that had different sized tension bolts. Once fitted to you will see what length tension bolt you need.

It should work as long as it is a hollowtech crank arm.

I used different Ultegra models that had different sized tension bolts. Once fitted to you will see what length tension bolt you need.

Hi Maxg

So there is a possibility that I'll need a new tension bolt for the crank arm? I hope its something thats easy to buy at a LBS.

Thanks for the reply!

The left side crank arm should fit, as they are both Hollowtech II tech. The 5600 just refers to the 10spd gruppo vs 5800 (11spd). 

I am using a FC-7800 crankset (Dura-Ace) with a 5800 left side PM and the tension bolts work on both.

Archived