Decisions!

punching bags nodig?Tongue Ek sal wil love om vir julle te verduidelik hoekom Orbea beter is, maar ek gaan nou nou ry om te gaan Sandboard. Booojjaaaaaa

Get the Giant. Beautiful frame. Lifetime warranty. Light. Wins lots of bike shootouts in international mags.

The old Merida design is not worth it, even at a discount. Their new bike looks much better, but you'll have to wait. The Raleigh design is not great, so much so that David George got a prototype design (very weird) for the Epic, rather than using the Marathon layout.

Fair enough... my absolute ceiling is 15k... will have to join the bike on the couch if i spend any more... Embarrassed

I do like the GT, and will look at the Rush. Didn't know ORBEA made bikes in the same price band as the ones i listed originally...

So far GT is looking like the one. I can always buy a hydro pack, and I can get a good price for the 2.0...

ridden the giant and it is an awsum bike. rode along with a mechanic on epic and he says that the gt's have been giving problems.

cptmayhem, if you negotiate well, you may get a GT Marathon 1.0 for around R16k, which may be worth being R1k over budget. The white frame of the Marathon 2.0 looks cool, but check the spec/value for money on the Marathon 1.0