Jnr Worlds Road Team

Breeze

Since I see an update on the track and none for the road - here I go.

3 of the riders, Johann v Zyl, Christopher Jennings and Clinton Barrow has spend all their time since the jnr tour in Heidelberg by myself and Barry.  Taming the winter as Heidelberg can be freezing at times.  (Yes, I can already hear the question - they are still in school and studying daily). They had really hard training up to last week Sunday and are now entering their tapering preperations after a week of recovery.

Johan van der Merwe has opted to stay in Potch and trained with the riders from the UCI on several occasions. 

Rourke has just returned from MTB worlds and will be off to GP tomorrow to join the team.

As from Monday 30th to Friday 4th July, myself and the team manager, Tony Harding, will accompany the team as well as 2 of the 3 reserves  (HB Kruger & Willem Jordaan)to Graskop for some teambuilding leading up to worlds. The 3rd reserve, Avery Arendse, is with the track team doing preperations.

After the training camp the starting team will stay together up to Worlds and we will go down on 10 July already - please hold thumbs for the weather.

The 2 timetrialers (Paul v Zweel & Tiaan Swart) are also travelling down with Carol Austin to CPT from 30 June to 4 July checking out the route and also doing the last setup preperations at the velodrome.

Hopefully we will see some of you guys at the opening of the junior worlds in CPT 12 July!! Come support these boys - they have really worked hard the last 3 months!