Roof racks for Ford EcoSport

HACKNEYL

Hi.

Need some advice as I want to put roof racks on a 2018 Ford EcoSport 1.0 EcoBoost Trend. The car has the protruding/raised hard plastic rails. This does not seem straight forward.

I am getting so conflicting advice from "don't do it at all as the rails are not strong enough and only for decoration" to "Thule racks can be modified" to "only your Ford's own racks"

Would appreciate some feedback if anyone has gone through this exercise or if anyone has some expert knowledge about this.

Thanks a lot!!

My Mom has an EcoSport. My Dad went to Ford and bought the cross bars and they fit in between those rails you have fitted now. Then fitted his Thule to that like normal.

As to how much you can load, I have no idea but I am sure when you buy the racks, there will be a weight limit. But my Dad has loaded 2 bikes on there no problem.

My Mom has an EcoSport. My Dad went to Ford and bought the cross bars and they fit in between those rails you have fitted now. Then fitted his Thule to that like normal.

Thanks. So do you attach the normal bike holder to the Ford cross bars?

Yes. They the aero shape so on the thule you use the curved attachment. What brand bike rack you using?

This is just off google but this is what my toppie bought from Ford.

post-58906-0-26321100-1598353382_thumb.png