Will Pearl Izumi bib tights stretch?

Scooterza

Hey there, 

I bought a pair of Pearl Izumi ELITE Escape AmFIB Bib Tights. These are windproof & water resistant tights that are made of quite a firm-feeling fabric and lined for cold/wet weather riding. They feel more like outdoor mountain wear trousers than the typical lycra feel I am used to with cycling shorts. 

Since I was on the cusp in terms of size, I bought a medium & large to try out. 

The mediums fit well around the lower leg & knees, but feel a bit tight around my thighs. I can put them on no problem - I'm just aware that my thighs feel like they're surrounded with a sleeve if you get my meaning. 

The large pair feel fine around the thighs, but the knees and lower legs are a little baggy. 

Both pairs are fine in the hips and chamois area. 

I have zero experience with these "tougher" cold weather bib tights and don't want to regret my purchase. I SUSPECT the medium pair will give a bit with use and a wash or two so that would be perfect then. 

What do you sage folk think? Get the mediums? ????

29 minutes ago, Scooterza said:

Hey there, 

I bought a pair of Pearl Izumi ELITE Escape AmFIB Bib Tights. These are windproof & water resistant tights that are made of quite a firm-feeling fabric and lined for cold/wet weather riding. They feel more like outdoor mountain wear trousers than the typical lycra feel I am used to with cycling shorts. 

Since I was on the cusp in terms of size, I bought a medium & large to try out. 

The mediums fit well around the lower leg & knees, but feel a bit tight around my thighs. I can put them on no problem - I'm just aware that my thighs feel like they're surrounded with a sleeve if you get my meaning. 

The large pair feel fine around the thighs, but the knees and lower legs are a little baggy. 

Both pairs are fine in the hips and chamois area. 

I have zero experience with these "tougher" cold weather bib tights and don't want to regret my purchase. I SUSPECT the medium pair will give a bit with use and a wash or two so that would be perfect then. 

What do you sage folk think? Get the mediums? ????

Get the mediums I was given a gift/inspirational target Mediums from a Hubber

I was a beeeeeg XXL and I laughed at the “target” anyway I’m smaller still waaaay to big for cycling I’m now a large in Spez size/ and anatomic but those mediums ????????????????????????Fit like a glove and they somehow don’t overstretch over time

yes initially a bit toight but now like a glove