Stolen roof racks & bicycle racks.

Mari381

11 minutes ago, dave303e said:

honestly, paying a car guard is the biggest joke in SA.

You pay for a car tracker, pay for insurance, pay for an alarm in your car, pay for reverse sensors. 

Then you must pay for someone to stand around watching your vehicle, getting in the way of your reverse sensors. When in reality he has no training, no fitness and probably no capability in stopping a car burglar at the best of times. 

I stopped paying them in the 90's already.

Went to 4ways mall the one day, get swamped with car gaurds.

When I came out my drivers side mirror was missing, not a car guard in site. 

6 hours ago, fanievb said:

there's your problem

9/10 they are involved 

All fact 

6 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

oh yes, definitely involved - their general purpose is another topic altogether.

No purpose at all. I drive trucks with super link trailers, and if I can reverse that onto an offloading bay to offload two containers am pretty sure I can figure out how to reverse a polo 

3 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

ONE MILLION PERCENT. My niece once came out of a restaurant in JHB to find the "car guard" holding a torch for the oke breaking into her car.

The hell? 

1 hour ago, dave303e said:

honestly, paying a car guard is the biggest joke in SA.

You pay for a car tracker, pay for insurance, pay for an alarm in your car, pay for reverse sensors. 

Then you must pay for someone to stand around watching your vehicle, getting in the way of your reverse sensors. When in reality he has no training, no fitness and probably no capability in stopping a car burglar at the best of times. 

Hence I totally ignore them 

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

I stopped paying them in the 90's already.

Went to 4ways mall the one day, get swamped with car gaurds.

When I came out my drivers side mirror was missing, not a car guard in site. 

You are a wise man. I’m with you