What race can I enter

Dmano

Hi guys, what race can I enter for road as a amateur in JHB before the end of the year so I can train. Single entry. Only myself. 

Hi frosty and Thomo. Thank you so much, I’m going to enter the one in the Vaal, I take it that it starts at the circus. Not sure how to do a road race or how to train. But will give it a bash. 

I see I have to be a member, wonder who is best to join, Albion Wheelers or Germiston wheelers? 

29 minutes ago, Dmano said:

I see I have to be a member, wonder who is best to join, Albion Wheelers or Germiston wheelers? 

No need to be a member (of CyclingSA); you can buy a day licence for R50, compared to an annual membership that is much more.

Germiston Wheelers organise the race, so if you join the club you can’t do the Macsteel National Classic, starting at the Circus. But you’re welcome to join the club after the race.

45 minutes ago, Dmano said:

Hi frosty and Thomo. Thank you so much, I’m going to enter the one in the Vaal, I take it that it starts at the circus. Not sure how to do a road race or how to train. But will give it a bash. 

Will this be your first event?
How far have you cycled before?
Perhaps enter the 57km event, and see how you do.

BTW, entries open next week.

Hi Frosti, I am very fit, been running, doing iron man etc. just never cycled only. Are you part of Germiston wheelers? Max steel classic?

You see if I join I can’t do the macsteel classic, but I can do the Germiston Classic? You seem very knowledgeable, maybe I can talk to you on watsapp? 0763301578

3 hours ago, Dmano said:

Hi Frosti, I am very fit, been running, doing iron man etc. just never cycled only. Are you part of Germiston wheelers? Max steel classic?

3 hours ago, Dmano said:

You see if I join I can’t do the macsteel classic, but I can do the Germiston Classic? You seem very knowledgeable, maybe I can talk to you on watsapp? 

Will contact you; would suggest you don’t advertise your phone number in public.

I’m with Germiston Wheelers, and we organise the event. Germiston Classic is our event, but Macsteel is our Principle sponsor, hence they get the naming rights.

Edited by Frosty