Travelling to Rome?

KingPigeon

Tell her it’s a win win for you both. You’re spoiling her with an authentic meal in Trastevere and a riverside walk to digest the pasta and tiramisu. Followed by a sleep-in the next day while you ride, with a lunch above Spanish steps upon your return. 

18 hours ago, king Pigeon said:

Tell her it’s a win win for you both. You’re spoiling her with an authentic meal in Trastevere and a riverside walk to digest the pasta and tiramisu. Followed by a sleep-in the next day while you ride, with a lunch above Spanish steps upon your return. 

Spoken like a wise man who knows both women and Rome...

Unfortunately, the operator is closed for the period that I'm in Rome in January... Damn!!

9 hours ago, Spirog said:

Spoken like a wise man who knows both women and Rome...

Unfortunately, the operator is closed for the period that I'm in Rome in January... Damn!!

No man. Don't let this opportunity go by. Doing a DIY just adds to the exitement. You might literally never be in Rome again. The internet is flooded with info on this stuff.

Tell your wife you want a morning to go cycling. She loves you. she wants you to have a good time. But put as much effort in to planning an activity for the 2 of you as you do for the ride. She also wants to know she's #1

Use the googles to figure out a bike shop you can rent a bike from and use that tour operators routes as a guide for designing the thing yourself. Rent that Dogma or Basso for the day. It is Italy after all. Take a kit, pedals, your saddle and GPS. Also get your measurements. The rental bike shop will get it in the ballpark but don't sweat it. Take your own tape measure and get your saddle height right. You've probably got a gps. put the route on that and off you go. Worst case you get lost and it's a 50 euro cab ride back.

You can EASILY get routes on bikemap.net. and you can download the gpx file.

https://www.bikemap.net/en/r/4417972/#7.6/41.933/12.568

When my wife and I went to Monte Grappa I figured a common starting point for all our routes. The town square. Duh. My gps didn't have maps it was a breadcrumb thing. I then mapped them from that starting point. downloaded them to the gps and that's what we did. I kind of had a rough idea of where we needed to go. But we followed the GPS pretty much.

We did the exact same thing in Mallorca. For Mallorca I also bought a map before the trip and we did a bit more freestyling there. When we got home I framed the map. sweat stains and all. Every time i go upstairs I look straight at that map and go back to that trip.

PS. It's K@K cold  in Europe at that time of year on a bike so get some leg & arm warmers, Put tinfoil in your shoes and get some thermal gloves and a Gilet.

Edited by Duane_Bosch