Carrier arm / how to fasten bike to bakkie with cattlebars/railings(Tralies)

Japie Cloete

Hallo

I am looking for advise on how to fasten a bike on a bakkie with cattlebars/railings/tralies. 

I saw that you get arms with clamps on both sides, like the westfalia bikelander, but can't seem to find the arms seperate.

Does anyone know where I can find them om simular arms with clamps on both sides? Something like the attached photo.

Or any other suggestions?

3A68144F-8E39-4D44-82DB-F8775BA5D0E4.jpeg

Speak to Holdfast.

Pretty sure they have something that can work for you.  They distribute via most bike shops

Screenshot_20221129-174225_Chrome.jpg.077a8388b97daab72dc0c221b9248b2e.jpg

@ChrisFI had a look on Holdfast's website and could find anything. I will try contacting them directly. Thank you!

@BarryIs the 3rd arm around 18cm and the 4th longer?

@Jensie thank you! The only "problem" is that the the rails are thick, that's why both ends must have adjustable clamps... 

4 minutes ago, Japie Cloete said:

@ChrisFI had a look on Holdfast's website and could find anything. I will try contacting them directly. Thank you!

@BarryIs the 3rd arm around 18cm and the 4th longer?

@Jensie thank you! The only "problem" is that the the rails are thick, that's why both ends must have adjustable clamps... 

The adapter converts a 2bike platform to a 3bike etc. Different platforms have different lenths so maybe go into a Thule store and see what they have as a spare part.

images.jpeg

You could probably buy the short or cheapest one and make whatever lenth you need with some threaded rod and square tube.

Edited by Barry

3 minutes ago, Barry said:

The adapter converts a 2bike platform to a 3bike etc. Different platforms have different lenths so maybe go into a Thule store and see what they have as a spare part.

images.jpeg

I talked the a thule shop employee. The supplier only has 18cm arms in stock, but I presume that is the 3rd extension. The supplier does not have stock op die longer one, which presume is the 4th extension?

5 minutes ago, Barry said:

You could probably buy the short or cheapest one and make whatever lenth you need with some threaded rod and square tube.

not a bad idea! I think I might do that if I can't get hold of a longer one...