[Event] Rubicon Great Zuurberg Trek-E-Edition (3 day ride)

TJ78

Event Name: Rubicon Great Zuurberg Trek-E-Edition (3 day ride)
When: 01/06/2023 - 04/06/2023
Where: Hayterdale Trails, , Addo, Addo, Eastern Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

A boutique 3 day stage ride specifically for e-bikes however analogue bikes are welcome.

Since 2014, pushing boundaries and moving mountains have been synonymous with the Great Zuurberg Trek brand and the new E-edition will follow in the same gravel tracks.

It has been a story of testing physical limits and organisers leaving no rock unturned in their mission to capture the imagination of a discerning audience.

The next chapter – which embraces advances in technology – aims to make the original GZT relevant to a broader audience and a pacesetter in the ever-changing landscape of boutique mountain biking.

The collective mindset of events has always been to “accommodate” rather than “welcome” e-bikers, but the organisers of the GZT E-edition aim to turn chance into opportunity.

With e-bikers seeking a thrill-a-minute experience rather than spending long hours under the African sun, organisers can hand-pick the very best trails from the traditional GZT route for the E-edition.

The GZT-E stage race will be presented over three days.

Teams of two will line up for consecutive stages of approximately 63km, 55km and 50km respectively. In order to allow riders of varying skill- and fitness levels to ride together, organisers have agreed to accommodate traditional mountain bikes, either as teams or paired with the e-bikes.

Change might be in the air, but the promise remains: Great Outdoors. Great Indoors. Great Impact.

Go to Event Page.