Unbound 2024

Stephan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Dylan's video (fan here) and love what he has done, but could not help myself thinking during the video: "If only he had Matt's power to really see what all those gains could do!"

20 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

Some bike setup vids to get you started:

Edited by peetwindhoek
spelling

1 hour ago, MongooseMan said:

Some bike setup vids to get you started:

That bikes is a true monstrosity, worthy of the ugly bikes thread. Matt's Spez? So sleek and without fuss. Sometimes less is more.

Perhaps he can learn from Spez Factory Racing. 

15 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

That bikes is a true monstrosity, worthy of the ugly bikes thread. Matt's Spez? So sleek and without fuss. Sometimes less is more.

I actually think the bike looks sick. I think the wheels maybe a bit overkill. 45-50mm wheels would’ve looked better but he’s all about performance.  

Matt Beers stacking those 30 hour weeks as he approaches the Unbound challenge. My boom-boom hurts just thinking about it.

Training with Swenson too, soaking up the 'Spirit of Gravel' together on those endurance rides in Arizona. Going through the inevitable physiological and psychological lows /  demons that is conjured up with anything more than 6 hours in the saddle, whether one is amateur or professional.

320 kms on grevvel, maybe mud - fork it, that'll warm me up.

19 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Matt Beers stacking those 30 hour weeks as he approaches the Unbound challenge. My boom-boom hurts just thinking about it.

Training with Swenson too, soaking up the 'Spirit of Gravel' together on those endurance rides in Arizona. Going through the inevitable physiological and psychological lows /  demons that is conjured up with anything more than 6 hours in the saddle, whether one is amateur or professional.

320 kms on grevvel, maybe mud - fork it, that'll warm me up.

This is the one race which actually suits him more than Swenson. But a lot of the time this race just comes down to luck with mechanicals, punctures and who’s bike can shed mud the best.

3 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

You care about how the bike looks, he cares about how to make it go faster.. he does not have Matt's power unfortunately. Have you done any testing lately to make your bike go faster? Fast is fast, you don't have to look good to go fast.. or do you? 🤔

5 hours ago, peetwindhoek said:

I watched Dylan's video (fan here) and love what he has done, but could not help myself thinking during the video: "If only he had Matt's power to really see what all those gains could do!"

If he finishes 16th it will cause a revolution 

4 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

I think it’s quite hot , like a dancer with big calves

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

You care about how the bike looks, he cares about how to make it go faster.. he does not have Matt's power unfortunately. Have you done any testing lately to make your bike go faster? Fast is fast, you don't have to look good to go fast.. or do you? 🤔

99% of us can't go Fast though so looking Fast is the only option 🤣