Stolen: Trek Domane S5 2018 (Gauteng)

TrevorWhite

Stolen: Trek Domane S5 2018

When: 20/12/2022

Where: , Houghton Estate, Johannesburg, Gauteng

The bike is fitted with full Shimano 105 group-set and has 40mm black carbon clinchers and Vittoria Corsa tan wall tyres. It has a deep scratch on the left side of the top part of the stem and brake leavers are worn out deep on the outside edges due to a fall. It has a fluid tubby bag under the seat Rear brake pads are blue and front ones are black

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section.

25 minutes ago, TrevorWhite said:

Stolen: Trek Domane S5 2018

When: 20/12/2022

Where: , Houghton Estate, Johannesburg, Gauteng

The bike is fitted with full Shimano 105 group-set and has 40mm black carbon clinchers and Vittoria Corsa tan wall tyres. It has a deep scratch on the left side of the top part of the stem and brake leavers are worn out deep on the outside edges due to a fall. It has a fluid tubby bag under the seat Rear brake pads are blue and front ones are black

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section.

Sorry to hear that. Did you go to the cops? These tsotsies....eish! They must be part of some bigger picture syndicate or something. 

Can you perhaps share the phone numbers, email addresses etc with us so people will know what numbers and stuff they used?

No point going to police they are so under-resourced they will not care about a stolen bike when they have to deal with more high profile cases like car theft and murder.

As for the contact numbers and ID document he sent me, the sim card will just be thrown away and a new one bought to continue the crime and the ID document was obviously a case of stolen identity.

They are so skilled at what they do if you drop your guard for a moment you are a victim.     

18 minutes ago, Tandemuis said:

Sorry to hear that. Did you go to the cops? These tsotsies....eish! They must be part of some bigger picture syndicate or something. 

Can you perhaps share the phone numbers, email addresses etc with us so people will know what numbers and stuff they used?

No point going to police they are so under-resourced they will not care about a stolen bike when they have to deal with more high profile cases like car theft and murder.

As for the contact numbers and ID document he sent me, the sim card will just be thrown away and a new one bought to continue the crime and the ID document was obviously a case of stolen identity.

They are so skilled at what they do if you drop your guard for a moment you are a victim. 

1 minute ago, TrevorWhite said:

I have to disagree with you here. You never know if they are connected to hijackings, murders etc. 

Every bit of information can help. Go to the cops. Give them everything you have. Numbers, messages, dates, times and and and. Check to see if the place you met the "friend" had any CCTV footage.

Take everything to the cops. You never know, your case might be linked to higher profile cases. These okes usually dabble in more than one type of crime at a time. Maybe your bit of evidence might be the last piece of evidence needed to solve a murder elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Tandemuis said:

I have to disagree with you here. You never know if they are connected to hijackings, murders etc. 

Every bit of information can help. Go to the cops. Give them everything you have. Numbers, messages, dates, times and and and. Check to see if the place you met the "friend" had any CCTV footage.

Take everything to the cops. You never know, your case might be linked to higher profile cases. These okes usually dabble in more than one type of crime at a time. Maybe your bit of evidence might be the last piece of evidence needed to solve a murder elsewhere.

I hear you. I was at the police station yesterday to open a case but there were another 10 people before me. The constable who came to help to try to facilitate the queue gave no hope at all of prioritizing the case saying that they would not be able to look at my case before they dealt with others first and couldn't give me any guarantees that they would even look at it this week even. I then told him then there's no point of me standing for another hour in the queue I might as well not add to the trauma I'm already dealing with.

1 minute ago, TrevorWhite said:

I hear you. I was at the police station yesterday to open a case but there were another 10 people before me. The constable who came to help to try to facilitate the queue gave no hope at all of prioritizing the case saying that they would not be able to look at my case before they dealt with others first and couldn't give me any guarantees that they would even look at it this week even. I then told him then there's no point of me standing for another hour in the queue I might as well not add to the trauma I'm already dealing with.

I hear you and trust me I understand. But take your time and go back when you are ready. It doesn't have to be 24 hours or 48 hours. Take your time and go whenever.