Pirelli Cinturato Gravel M

RossTopher

But in all seriousness, i felt i had to make a forum post for a tyre!

Just over 18 months into my love affair with these things, and genuinely feel its the single best bike-related thing i have ever spent money on.

Mud, rivers, big rocks, corrugations, sand, slate, tar and technical terrain. These things just laugh at what you throw at them. I keep thinking "surely this time they will puncture", "surely this time they'' hit their limit", but they remain composed, comfortable and confidence inspiring. They also respond well on tar, which is meant to be their weakness, the centre tread is almost solid.

Absolutely on my "to-purchase-without-the-wife-finding-out" list. Currently running Pathfinder Pros. Really looking forward to some traction in the future.

That's how I feel about the Gravel Hard (45mm) version, but I clearly don't ride rough trails on my GG.

Would love to find another pair, but they are pretty scarce at the moment!

what have you guys found to be the sweet spot on tyre width /hard / soft and (apologies for a derail) handlebar width?

Busy building a gravel bike and looking at some pointers

This tyre looks like the business but I see it's available in various options..

5 minutes ago, splat said:

That's how I feel about the Gravel Hard (45mm) version, but I clearly don't ride rough trails on my GG.

Would love to find another pair, but they are pretty scarce at the moment!

I am TOO EXCITED to try the H's. I've got a set of 40mm, waiting till i've burnt through the Velo 35s to put them on my cross bike.

And my old man has a set of the classic (brown sidewall) M's that he seemingly has no interest in using. So i am well stocked!

51 minutes ago, Holmsie said:

Absolutely on my "to-purchase-without-the-wife-finding-out" list. Currently running Pathfinder Pros. Really looking forward to some traction in the future.

I've read that with Pathfinders and the like, you really feel that step/drop from the centre to the tread, and can be offputting?
when you're moving on the Pirelli's the centre knobs almost form a solid line, but dont sacrifice the consistent grip.

I have them in 40 and they are truly phenomenal! Not too pricey at Mellow either! 

Super tyres!!! I have the 650b 45mm and extremely impressed as they are my first tubeless set of wheels also and no punctures yet.

Got them for a great price on Takealot.

Agree 100%. Best gravel tyres I've used - had the 40s. Swapped to WTB Riddler 45s for more width but moving back when they wear out as I could not feel any advantage to the supposedly wider tyre. 

I'm def going to look at these, I've got Bontrager's on mine and had 3 punctures in 300km