looking for group rides in Cape Town, travelling from HK

MichaelC35

Hello guys, I am from Hong Kong. I am travelling in Cape Town and just got my bike sorted.

I'll be riding in all 4 days upcoming. Is there any group rides or endurance rides available around Cape Town?

My friends told me not to ride alone and riding in a group is the safest bet out on the roads.

please leave messages under and thanks for taking time reading my not so good English

Michael

13 minutes ago, MichaelC35 said:

Hello guys, I am from Hong Kong. I am travelling in Cape Town and just got my bike sorted.

I'll be riding in all 4 days upcoming. Is there any group rides or endurance rides available around Cape Town?

My friends told me not to ride alone and riding in a group is the safest bet out on the roads.

please leave messages under and thanks for taking time reading my not so good English

Michael

Where in Cape Town will you be based? And what dates will you be here?

im based around university of cape town, so not far from the CBD region.

I am staying til monday, so preferrably riding from thursday til then

I plan to ride shorter distance first just to understand the roads and traffic, and then maybe go longer during the weekend

11 minutes ago, pbp2007 said:

Pedal Power arranges Saturday group rides, usually with a backup vehicle.

https://pedalpower.org.za/events/ppa-social-rides/

DM me for more details. I believe this Saturday’s intermediate group plans to start in Newlands, close to you. 

This seems like a good starting point. If you’re very strong then they’ll probably be too slow for you though.

Will you have a car? If you’re mobile then I would suggest you park at the Virgin Active in Greenpoint and ride from there. You’ll see plenty of cyclists on the road but I can send you a few routes if need be. 

Hey Michael,

Good to bump into you yesterday matey. I will post some details of group rides coming up tomorrow with starting points, starting times and distances. My suggestion would be that you definitely so the infamous beach route through Camps Bay, Hout Bay, Chapmans Peak etc. When in CPT, its a bucket list event. The PPA group may just do that route on Saturday and Sunday,