Savanna Origin of Trails routes set to live up to the reputation of being SA's MTB Party of the Year

News bot

The upcoming 10th annual Savanna Origin of Trails MTB Experience promises to deliver exciting route enhancements that are guaranteed to captivate riders from start to finish in the beautiful town of Stellenbosch on both Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 November 2023. “We’re excited to mark a decade of mountain biking excellence at the 2023 Savanna Origin of Trails MTB Experience,” says Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports and Event Founder. “This 10th-anniversary celebration will be one for the history books. Stellenbosch’s extensive network of world-class and exclusive trails have and always will be the event’s foundation, however this year […]

View full article

I'm sure many newcomers and weekend warriors will enjoy this route. It's very similar to last year. The vibe is always great. But man I miss the days of Jonkershoek. And Banhoek, with Skyfall etc. I would venture to say that it's gotten a lot less technical in recent years, which is a pity for more experienced riders. This used to be one of the few opportunities for technical trail riding, outside of events like Eselfontein.

Did this years ago and really enjoyed it. Was quite keen to enter again until I saw the price... For the half marathon its almost R30/km. I do understand all the free goods but there should be an option to forego the shirts and lunch.

3 hours ago, Hilton. said:

I'm sure many newcomers and weekend warriors will enjoy this route. It's very similar to last year. The vibe is always great. But man I miss the days of Jonkershoek. And Banhoek, with Skyfall etc. I would venture to say that it's gotten a lot less technical in recent years, which is a pity for more experienced riders. This used to be one of the few opportunities for technical trail riding, outside of events like Eselfontein.

Did it 2016,17 and 18. All years did the jonkers, banhoek and gspot routes. Super hard yet extremely rewarding route...was great fun! I once won 2 amazing prizes too.

The current not so technical party vibe race doesnt appeal to me. Price seems okay considering that other race happening this week. 🙃