DMS & Co Race to Comprehensive Old Mutual Wealth Double Century Victory

News bot

Another little technical point that winelands mixed exploited this year was to leave the chicks with another team to slip then the fast guys race up the road and stop the clock with 6 guys. Theres no "half way" rule, only 6 people have to pass the line. so next year you can go full speed from the gun with all the guys, leave the women to cruise to halfway and then chase to the finish with way fresher legs and not pushing anyone in the first half. 

12 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Yeah... one of the reasons why I don't like this race. Had a lot more fun when we did Race of Truth even if we had similar problems at the begining, but it didn't last for 200km

Starting at 7:22 no one caught us , format is good unless your legs are not, it’s the comms that’s weak. I heard some say we waiting for another team at feedzone 1 😂 

4 minutes ago, z@z@ said:

Starting at 7:22 no one caught us , format is good unless your legs are not, it’s the comms that’s weak. I heard some say we waiting for another team at feedzone 1 😂 

from memory of my only DC in 2020 or 2021, the problem wasn't teams catching us, but teams not willing to be passed, we were constantly getting *** from the commissaires when in fact we were the team who caught and passed other teams, and they would draft us. We'd drop them on every bump, and they'd come back on the next decent and freewheel behind us.

And my DC wasn't even reversed order !

Edited by Jbr

On 11/28/2023 at 9:24 AM, avatar said:

Another little technical point that winelands mixed exploited this year was to leave the chicks with another team to slip then the fast guys race up the road and stop the clock with 6 guys. Theres no "half way" rule, only 6 people have to pass the line. so next year you can go full speed from the gun with all the guys, leave the women to cruise to halfway and then chase to the finish with way fresher legs and not pushing anyone in the first half. 

Why Winelands mixed specifically??