[Event] The Grind Reverse - 150km of Gravel Heaven or Hell

Leverage Corporation

Event Name: The Grind Reverse - 150km of Gravel Heaven or Hell
When: 03/02/2024
Where: Maropeng: Official Visitor Centre for the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage site, Krugersdorp, Gauteng
Category: Gravel

“The Grind”, 150km of Gravel Heaven or Hell is taking place on the 3rd of February 2024, but this time, we are changing the direction of the route – now it will be going in reverse from the February ’23 event.

And now we have introduced a 70km Gravel route as well.

So bring your gravel bike, bring your MTB, but get there.

Once again, it is starting again from Stone Park in Maropeng, in the Cradle of Humankind, on an out-and-back route. 

Something fun from The Leverage Corporation. Again, this will be done in True Leverage Corporation Style. Nice and slick, friendly and classy, and an event to remember for all the right reasons.

You will ride from Maropeng, into the Magalies region passing close by to Mount Grace Hotel & Spa, and then encounter areas that are little known to the average cyclist. Areas that are largely unexplored and that you probably have never heard of, such as Maanhaarrand, Vlakfontein, Koesterfontein, and a few more will be explored.

Can you do it in 10 hours or less? Well, that’s up to you.

We have tried to keep it reasonably flat, but there’s still just over 1650m of climbing.

This time, for the 150km riders, we will have 4 water tables on the route, and rest stations.

For the 70km riders, we will have two waterpoints:

• WP 1 at the 37km mark
  • WP 2 at the 60km mark

We have changed the format somewhat this time, and now you have a choice of doing 150km solo only, or 70km solo only.

We will not be offering team rides for the 150km ride.

150km RIDE

Solo Ride Category – ride the full 150km on your “ace”

COSTS 150km:

Solo Rider – R650

70km RIDE

COSTS 70km

Solo Riders only – R400

WHAT’S INCLUDED

• Race entry
  • Moisture management event shirt – Only valid if you enter before Sunday 21 January 2024
  • Medical Support
  • Well-stocked water tables
  • Race timing
  • Post-race hospitality area
  • Prizes and lucky draw prizes
  • Shower facilities
  • Race medal
  • Complimentary photographs for you to download from our Facebook page after the event

Go to Event Page.

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2023 at 7:55 AM, Leverage Corporation said:

Event Name: The Grind Reverse - 150km of Gravel Heaven or Hell
When: 03/02/2024
Where: Maropeng: Official Visitor Centre for the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage site, Krugersdorp, Gauteng
Category: Gravel

“The Grind”, 150km of Gravel Heaven or Hell is taking place on the 3rd of February 2024, but this time, we are changing the direction of the route – now it will be going in reverse from the February ’23 event.

And now we have introduced a 70km Gravel route as well.

So bring your gravel bike, bring your MTB, but get there.

Once again, it is starting again from Stone Park in Maropeng, in the Cradle of Humankind, on an out-and-back route. 

Something fun from The Leverage Corporation. Again, this will be done in True Leverage Corporation Style. Nice and slick, friendly and classy, and an event to remember for all the right reasons.

You will ride from Maropeng, into the Magalies region passing close by to Mount Grace Hotel & Spa, and then encounter areas that are little known to the average cyclist. Areas that are largely unexplored and that you probably have never heard of, such as Maanhaarrand, Vlakfontein, Koesterfontein, and a few more will be explored.

Can you do it in 10 hours or less? Well, that’s up to you.

We have tried to keep it reasonably flat, but there’s still just over 1650m of climbing.

This time, for the 150km riders, we will have 4 water tables on the route, and rest stations.

For the 70km riders, we will have two waterpoints:

• WP 1 at the 37km mark
  • WP 2 at the 60km mark

We have changed the format somewhat this time, and now you have a choice of doing 150km solo only, or 70km solo only.

We will not be offering team rides for the 150km ride.

150km RIDE

Solo Ride Category – ride the full 150km on your “ace”

COSTS 150km:

Solo Rider – R650

70km RIDE

COSTS 70km

Solo Riders only – R400

WHAT’S INCLUDED

• Race entry
  • Moisture management event shirt – Only valid if you enter before Sunday 21 January 2024
  • Medical Support
  • Well-stocked water tables
  • Race timing
  • Post-race hospitality area
  • Prizes and lucky draw prizes
  • Shower facilities
  • Race medal
  • Complimentary photographs for you to download from our Facebook page after the event

Go to Event Page.

Lekke event! Will do again 

Are there any pics available? Where can we find them?

First gravel race as have recently bought a gravel bike. Some proper racing, beautiful part of the far west rand on routes I've never done before.

Well organised and attended, thoroughly enjoyable morning out!