[Event] The Luxliner Route 66 2-Day GRAVEL Experience

Leverage Corporation

Event Name: The Luxliner Route 66 2-Day GRAVEL Experience
When: 02/03/2024 - 03/03/2024
Where: Mount Grace Hotel & Spa, Magaliesburg, Gauteng
Category: Gravel

Get ready for the thrill of a lifetime with our inaugural Luxliner Route 66 2-Day Gravel Experience, set to unfold on the 2nd and 3rd of March 2024.

This is not just another race; it's a daring journey crafted exclusively for gravel cycling enthusiasts like you. While it shares the weekend with our renowned Luxliner Route 66 MTB Experience, now celebrating its 14th year, the Gravel Experience is a separate, pulse-pounding adventure that you won't want to miss.

Race Details:

Saturday: Conquer 120 kilometres of rugged terrain that will push your limits.

Sunday: Navigate an exhilarating 80-kilometer course that promises excitement around every bend.

Base Camp: Mount Grace Hotel & Spa

Our starting point and home base, the Mount Grace Hotel & Spa, nestled just outside of Magaliesburg, offers the perfect backdrop for this extraordinary event. Prepare to be immersed in breath-taking landscapes and a unique gravel racing atmosphere.

Challenge the Province's Best: This isn't just a race; it's a battle against the province's finest gravel riders. Are you up for the challenge? Test your mettle on this demanding course and prove your prowess on the gravel trails.

What's Included:

• Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of our scenic routes.
  • Be warned: Gravel does not mean "flat" - expect exhilarating terrain.
  • Route 66 is the stage race you've been waiting for.
  • Impeccably planned and managed routes by seasoned professionals.
  • The Cog & Sprocket at Mount Grace will satisfy your cravings with delectable food and refreshing beverages.
  • Freshen up after the race with convenient shower facilities at The Cog & Sprocket.
  • Count on top-notch TLC all along your journey.
  • Receive a goodie bag, including a race shirt and a stylish race cap.
  • Keep your bike in peak condition with a complimentary bike wash.
  • Rest easy with secure overnight bike storage.
  • Technical support will be available throughout the race.
  • Don't miss out on the chance to win lucky draw prizes and earn a coveted race medal.
  • Bring your friends, family, or partner for a post-race lunch at Mount Grace Hotel & Spa on Sunday, March 3rd, for only R250 per adult and R150 per child under 12. Secure your lunch tickets when you register online.

Get ready for an unforgettable experience, as this promises to be one of Gauteng's most enjoyable stage races ever.

Are you ready to tackle the Luxliner Route 66 Gravel Experience and leave your mark in the world of gravel cycling? Don't miss this opportunity to challenge yourself, discover breath-taking scenery, and make memories that will last a lifetime. Register today and be part of the gravel cycling revolution!

Go to Event Page.

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2023 at 12:43 PM, mecheng89 said:

In for this one.

I rode The Grind last weekend .The gravel roads are in good shape. Some corrugations but overall not a problem even for my 38mm gravel tyres . Lots of rain in that area with beautiful scenery  

• 3 weeks later...