Titan Racing Cypher 120 Sport

Andrewdevil

32 minutes ago, LukedV said:

Hi again, hope you had a good Christmas! I’ve found another deal on an older second hand 2020 titan cypher rs expert with much better components, SRAM SX 1 x 12 and a Markhor Manitou 120mm front fork. What are your thoughts on this fork, is it better than the Judy Silver? 

Fork is better yes, drivetrain not (compared to the 2nd hand one at cycle lab)

3 hours ago, LukedV said:

Hi again, hope you had a good Christmas! I’ve found another deal on an older second hand 2020 titan cypher rs expert with much better components, SRAM SX 1 x 12 and a Markhor Manitou 120mm front fork. What are your thoughts on this fork, is it better than the Judy Silver? 

The fork is, yes, compared to a Judy Silver. 

Is the groupset SX or is it partial SX (eg crank arms and shifter)?

SX isn’t held in high regard from my learnings on the Hub, based on durability and precise shifting. But you’d still have 2 more gears than the Advent X, sooooo…

Your next step up would be NX, then GX, then you start with the electronic stuff. But if you have SX on the bike now you could upgrade to NX without too much fuss (though it will take some bucks). If you wanted to upgrade to GX you’d need to replace the rear hub driver. But I think an upgrade to NX would be straightforward. I think. I also think @droo must chime in here again as I may be getting myself turned around and confused and talking *** to you. 

But if the bike looks and feels good and everything works I’d put an offer on it. If it’s got the stock Helix rims, Manitou fork, and has been regularly serviced and well cared for, and the warranty is intact, it may be the one to start you off on a decent base at a good price point and allow you room to upgrade as you feel the need.