[Event] Songo.info Champions Race, presented by fibertime™

two hands

Event Name: Songo.info Champions Race, presented by fibertime™
When: 13/03/2024
Where: Kayamandi Sports Fields, KayamandiStellenbosch, Western Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

The greatest mountain-biking spectator event – the songo.info Champions Race – is back from a three-year hiatus, with fibertime™ as the new presenting sponsor. The short-track event will be staged in Kayamandi on Wednesday, 13 March 2024. The event's proximity to the Absa Cape Epic means it will again feature the world's best MTB racers, excited to hone their skills and support the charity. Mountain biking fans are invited so come watch the afternoon's action at the Kayamandi Sports Fields, below the songo.info clubhouse.

Join the E-Bike Race

The elite men’s and women’s races in the event are by invitation only but E-Bikers can pit themselves against one another (and a few pros!) and the thrilling 2.5km urban course at the songo.info Champions Race, presented by fibertime, for the first time in 2024. Entries are open to the general public and can be purchased through Quicket, for a R350 donation. The E-Bike race will follow the same 20 minutes, plus 1 lap, format of the elite men’s and women’s competitions.

Watch it on fibertime.tv

The 2024 songo.info Champions Race, presented by fibertime, will be broadcast live on fibertime.tv. Tune in from 16:30 to watch the build-up and follow the racing action from 17:00. Further excitement from the event will be captured on the songo.info social media handles, with stories on Instagram and Facebook. Be sure to follow @songoinfo on Instagram and like the songo.info Facebook page.

Go to Event Page.

• 1 month later...

A few updates to share:

• We have confirmation the Specialized Factory Team will be there: Matt Beers, Howard Grotts, Sofia Gómez Villafañe and Samara Sheppard.
  • The Toyota Specialized boys are also rocking the race: Alex Miller and Johan van Zyl.
  • Jaroslav Kulhavy, Insect Science and Pump for Peace will be racing too.
  • Joining Sofia and Samara in the women's field we have Ghost Factory, as well as Faranak Partoazar from Iran and local ripper Sarah Hill.
  • We're working on a host of top local and international riders and will keep you posted as they're confirmed!
  • Ineos Grenadier is now a co-sponsor
  • Fibertime will be creating a live stream so you can follow at home (but we'd prefer you to be in Kayamandi in person!)
  • Max Cluer is our live announcer and bringing the gees!
  • We have a DJ on the hill above the football fields busting some tunes.
  • Part of the course includes the Songo.info BMX track, which will make for great action!

Come watch, it's free and parking is marshalled and secure.

If you're keen to race the E-MTB category (it's open to anyone), all race details and entries can be found here: https://qkt.io/EC0U8f 

E-MTB entries have been slow, but Ariane Lüthi and Jason Boulle are confirmed. Come join the fun and give them both a run!

Facebook_Landscape v2 lo-res.jpeg

So, we're two days out from the Songo.info Champions Race and our confirmed pro start list is looking pretty solid. Still to add a few big names to the start list so expect high-octane racing!

• E-MTB at 5pm
  • Pro Women at 5.30pm
  • Pro Men start at 6pm

If you're coming to watch, consider joining our E-MTB race before the pro action starts: there are a few celebrity e-bike riders to rub shoulders (and handlebars) with!

And if you really can't make it in person, watch it via this live streaming link: 

Men:
  1. Matt Beers (RSA)
  2. Howard Grotts (USA)
  3. Alex Miller (NAM)
  4. Johan Van Zyl (RSA)
  5. Keegan Bontekoning (RSA)
  6. Arno du Toit (RSA)
  7. Herman Fouche (RSA)
  8. Unathi Nxumalo (RSA)
  9. Tumelo Makae (LSO)
  10. Christoph Sauser (SUI)
  11. Konny Looser (SUI)