Wheel Builders in Cape Town and Lyne carbon AMP rims

Can Anyone recommend a good wheel builder in Cape Town?

And does anyone have any experience with the Lyne Carbon rims (AMP/Enduro)?

Edited by DuncanDoughnuts

Myself and one of my riding buddies have been on Lyne AMP rims for a while now. Me, almost a year. Him about 3 years.

They are very strong and if they fail it's almost certainly rider fault, but you can count on Dale to sort you out relatively quick. 

I'm really heavy and my mate's just heavy. We ride really stupid and tend to be hard on wheels. These have the quad thumbs up from us. 

Just put in a rear insert before an Enduro at conties. 

On 4/15/2024 at 9:20 AM, cadenceblur said:

Clint Elliot at CE Cycles in Tokai

BMC in Salt River 

the above based on my experience. 

Kevin who used to be at BMC had an almost pedantic attention to detail when working on wheels.

Hopefully who ever is doing wheels now does similar.

To confirm, have CE Cycles built/sorted out wheels for you.?

I'm needing someone to look at my wheels, and while William's Bike Shop is the other often recommended, getting to Somerset West may be a bit of a challenge.

3 hours ago, Thomo said:

Kevin who used to be at BMC had an almost pedantic attention to detail when working on wheels.

Hopefully who ever is doing wheels now does similar.

To confirm, have CE Cycles built/sorted out wheels for you.?

I'm needing someone to look at my wheels, and while William's Bike Shop is the other often recommended, getting to Somerset West may be a bit of a challenge.

Yes, he has built some and also trued some others, he’s my go - to mechanic so everything runs through him. 

Clint built a set of pulse rims for me, can highly recommend him and the Lyne rims are bulletproof.