[Event] Bundu Bash

Event Name: Bundu Bash
When: 17/05/2024 - 19/05/2024
Where: Waterberg District Municipality, Limpopo
Category: Mountain Bike

Thank you for joining us in this experience that will not only raise invaluable funds for our operational costs, but also introduce you to a whole new landscape of beauty, fun, laughter and adventure while you explore our wonderful UNESCO Waterberg Biosphere.

Escape for a weekend with family and friends to Bundu Bash at the beautiful Summerplace Game Reserve in the heart of the Waterberg. Challenge yourself to either hike, bike or run in a pristine bushveld landscape and end the day by enjoying an exquisite sunset in the company of Ginologist mixologists. Come and taste the bespoke Ginologist Conservation Gin in support of the Biosphere. After enjoying a delicious meal around the warm fires of The Village, join us for a bespoke Night Sky Safari, gazing upon clear, starry skies.

The Waterberg Biosphere is South Africa’s second oldest biosphere. It was designated by UNESCO in 2001 to protect the unique biodiversity of the Waterberg, and work towards sustainable development and utilisation of natural resources to promote the connection between communities, people and nature.

Experience a bit of adventure, great company, exquisite food and a lot of laughter, whilst becoming a part of Our Biosphere, Our Heritage, and Our Home! UNESCO Waterberg Biosphere

Walk, trail run or mountain bike fabulous routes of various distances and skill levels at Summerplace Game Reserve on the weekend of 17 – 19 May 2024. Trails traverse a myriad of landscapes and scenery, offering participants the opportunity to run, bike or hike alongside a myriad of animals and birdlife - truly immersed in nature. Whatever your skill or desire, there is a trail for you!

Bike; 20km, 30km, 50km, Hike; 5km, 10km,

Run; 11km, 18km, 25km.

Reserved exclusively for the Bundu Bash, Summerplace Game Reserve offers participants world-class accommodation of various types, with mouthwatering meals and several “watering holes”.

ACCOMMODATION

Limited to 168 people only, book soonest to avoid missing the bushveld event of the year!

Rhino Row:

R6750 p/p sharing.

R7500 p/p single.

Pangolin Pads:

R5250 p/p sharing

R6000 p/p single

Dassie Digs

R2800 p/p camping

(Bring your own camping gear)

Add-on nights available at a special participants

rate of R700 p/p, dinner @R250 and breakfast

@R140.

Venue exclusivity and trails access for the entire event. Two nights’ accommodation (Friday 17 and Saturday 18 May 2024). All meals including two breakfasts, two dinners including a spit braai on the Saturday night, lunch on the Saturday and brunch on the Sunday. Bespoke Ginologist mixology experience on Friday 17 May and a Masterclass experience on Saturday 18 May, with a sundowner harvest table feast on both nights.

Locally produced craft beer from Jagveld Brouery en Taphuis Entertainment and spot prizes throughout the whole event.

An African Night Sky Safari experience with Dr. Philip Calcott on Saturday 18 May.

Auction action on Saturday 18 May – featuring luxury Waterberg accommodation,

wildlife experiences and game drives, unique Waterberg art and adventure activities.

A ‘Wild to the Core’ Power Pilates session on The Village lawns on Sunday morning.

And don’t forget a participants’ goodie bag filled with fun items.

Go to Event Page.