Giba Gorge under threat

mazambaan

I have seen that Giba Gorge is under threat from what is described (from FB sorry) as:

"Our fight against corruption has been long and challenging, but together we can make a difference.
Help us expose the injustice we’re facing and hold those responsible accountable. Sign our petition and share this post to stand with us in our fight for fairness and transparency. Your voice matters!

The link to the petition is

https://www.change.org/p/halt-the-business-rescue-liquidation-of-giba-gorge?recruited_by_id=a12e0c90-84c8-11ef-8dfd-99bf67906123&utm_source=share_petition&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_medium=native

which I think is worth posting as Giba is a great, well maintained venue and does not deserve this.  Details are in the link.

Chris Harburn is, in my view, an unsung hero of cycling with Giba, keen mountain biker himself and generally good guy (IMHO of course).

I won't speculate on the background but there is industrial development approaching and much recent development is by maybe greedy and maybe sly people.