Small differences...

Not sure whether I'm really allowed to post anything in the "training" forum.....Tongue

Last Sunday I had changed the pedals on my roadbike to MTB pedals; as I was marshalling at the Klein Joostenberg event and it is much easier to walk around in my MTB shoes.  Like the previous Sunday I ended up doing the short route, and as we normally start at the back it's pretty much a TT event.  Like the Simonsvlei funride the week before I spent around 90% of the ride at above 80% of MHR, but the difference is that this week I have stiffness on the outside of my calf muscles and quads. 

I checked the length of the pedal axles on my Look road pedals and the Shimano MTB pedals, and noticed that the road pedals were about 4 -5 mm "wider" (I assume the shorter  axles on the MTB pedals is to compensate for the wider setup of the cranks?). 

Guess I'll go back to the road pedals.....just have to walk like a duck when I marshalBig%20smile