Tour du cap 2025

Mamil

Received this mailer for next year 

Following an amazing 3rd edition of the Tour du Cap, entries are now open for the 2025 Tour, which takes place on 3-7 March 2025 in the lead-up the Cape Town Cycle Tour.

Riders who enter before Friday 29 March will pay a preferential entry fee of R3600 before the fee reverts to the normal price of R4300.

To enter, go to https://myactive.cc/TourduCap2025

The tour route and format will remain the same for 2025 – all the route info is on www.tourducap.co.za

To ease rider logistics, the tour is based at Kleine Vallej in Wellington for all 5 days, and all stages start at Kleine Valleij. All the stages also conclude at Kleine Valleij, with the exception of the queen stage 4, which finishes at the top of Du Toitskloof Pass in Paarl.

The tour features two mountain top finishes, two flat finishes and an individual hill climb time trial. The 2024 route features more substance and the difficulty and length has increased.

The hill climb time trail (stage 2) takes place on Bainskloof Pass and Bainskloof also plays host to the finish of the opening stage. The 2nd and 5th stages will dish up something for the sprinters while the 4th stage will likely be the decider over 132km and 1983m of vertical ascent, finishing at the top of Du Toitskloof Pass.

The total distance is 464km while the elevation is 5245m.

With the tour based at Kleine Valleij in Wellington, it eases rider logistics by vesting at the same venue every day.

Riders can ideally book accommodation in Wellington for all five days. Once accommodation in Wellington is full, Paarl is also a nice option, only 13km from the venue.

Entries for the tour are limited to 250 and are filling up nicely. For all the Tour info, click to www.tourducap.co.za

For enquiries, email denishuman.cycling@outlook.com

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

@Mamil are you TRYING to get me divorced?!

I am WAY off the pace, but may be less useless after getting ready for November

Come @Jewbacca... It's an absolute blast. GC racing, small group, mostly friendly people ... "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may" ... "Tempus fugit" ... "...and at my back I always hear, time's winged chariot drawing near" and all that jazz.

Seriously I don't think de Villiers cycling is very good at marketing but the event adds something to the local racing scene so I want to support it.  

47 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Come @Jewbacca... It's an absolute blast. GC racing, small group, mostly friendly people ... "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may" ... "Tempus fugit" ... "...and at my back I always hear, time's winged chariot drawing near" and all that jazz.

Seriously I don't think de Villiers cycling is very good at marketing but the event adds something to the local racing scene so I want to support it.  

I have always wanted to do a multi day road race.

I think I will throw my hat into the ring

8 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Yeah baby!!! Lekker!!! Just please don't come embarrass me on your BMX 

Been wanting to do this ever since a friend told me you cannot call yourself a roadie if you have not done this. Or was he referring to Tour de Boland... Not sure.
And then Mamil's updates this year has made me seriously "lus". But then I will not be able to DesestDash this year if I want to do Tour de Cap. 

19 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Yeah baby!!! Lekker!!! Just please don't come embarrass me on your BMX 

I plan on doing that in November...... 😜

32 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

At this rate, Mamil is making up his own sprint train. A mamil, a guy on a BMX and a Valie. The B batch will not know what hit them! 

30 minutes ago, peetwindhoek said:

Been wanting to do this ever since a friend told me you cannot call yourself a roadie if you have not done this. Or was he referring to Tour de Boland... Not sure.
And then Mamil's updates this year has made me seriously "lus". But then I will not be able to DesestDash this year if I want to do Tour de Cap. 

"Would you like honey or condensed milk on your bread?" asked Rabbit
"Both" said Pooh, but then not to sound greedy added "But don't worry about the bread"

• 4 weeks later...

Another mailer from devilliers cycling to say early bird entries of 3600 still available until 30 April. 

www.tourducap.co.za

Anyone entering the open category looking to serve as mamil domestique should enter asap. Requirements ... 2m tall, 95kg, FTP of 400 watts. Willing to push on hills.....

Would love to see more people there

2 hours ago, Mamil said:

Another mailer from devilliers cycling to say early bird entries of 3600 still available until 30 April. 

www.tourducap.co.za

Anyone entering the open category looking to serve as mamil domestique should enter asap. Requirements ... 2m tall, 95kg, FTP of 400 watts. Willing to push on hills.....

Would love to see more people there

Yoh.... A big part of me says I should bite the bullet and do it now while it is still going, even if I come last

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Yoh.... A big part of me says I should bite the bullet and do it now while it is still going, even if I come last

It's a blast!!