Oswald Kydd - Update

Ali Mclean

To Fellow Club Members and Cyclists,

I have been up and about for the past 4 weeks on my new prosthesis. I am very grateful to the cycling community for making this possible for me, up until receiving my new prosthesis I was using crutches at work as a bike mechanic/salesman at Cycle lab Durban. My aches and pains have subsided and I am now back on the bike having completed my first triathlon yesterday at Midmar Dam. I am looking forward to improving my results at races as the leg has made it ever so possible. I will be at the 94.7 and I hope that I will be able to meet and thank some of you that made it possible for me to return to a normal life like I had before my accident.

Kindest regards

Oswald Kydd

http://images.supersport.co.za/OswaldKyddOct1308_250.JPG

yippeeee!!!!!! oswald is a true motivation to not let life's challenges stop you from doing what you love

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Oswald,

fine that you are back in the saddle with that performance!

Perhaps we can meet us in SA next time. I am amputeed too, because I have less time, so I am not the endurance racer. I ride more tricky off road trails. You can look at my site www.barlage.org

Good to know that there are other amps who did it same way :-)

CU - keep on fighting!

jan

Hi guys, thank you for your support. I will hopefully be in Johannesburg for the 94.7 on the weekend, I should be there on Saturday from around 3pm. I hope to meet and greet some of you before and after the race.

Jan I hope to meet you when you are here in South Africa one day. thank you for the support and encouragement.

Oswald

He's a reallly great guy, i wrote a letter to the Bicycling which was about him, and it got published!

In gratitude he sent me a Bar-One cycling shirt...

Thanks Oswald!