Rode Col d Apsin on virtual trainer

_Daemon_

Was on one of those TACX virtual trainers last night at a friends house, nice system all in all, fun to ride the climbs and stuff and see the video of it etc. Did the 11km climb in 46 mins with a average power output of 217 and average cadence of 87 and a average speed of 15.2km/h. Now for all you power boffins out there, is this good or bad?

Here's the screenshot of the TACX file imported into Polar software.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2907/coldaspinmv0.jpg

depends, as all good scientists say.

from what i remember about the col d'aspin, specifically, spinning out my 53-9 on the descent, i think 15 km/h at 217 watts is very generous, unless you weigh 45 kg, so something isn;t right with that power. OOps, sorry, justsaw the alt gain now..You can get a good check of what it should be, cos you can work out the approx power from total weight, slope and speed, assuming no wind. 217 w in an absolute sense is pretty low for climbing, but it would be good if it was say 85 % of you maximal power.

what's your 20 km power on the tacx? What weight of you+bike have you entered on the system?

Guest Michelle

You may want to try the auto correct function on your heart rate Wink

depends' date=' as all good scientists say.

from what i remember about the col d'aspin, specifically, spinning out my 53-9 on the descent, i think 15 km/h at 217 watts is very generous, unless you weigh 45 kg, so something isn;t right with that power. OOps, sorry, justsaw the alt gain now..You can get a good check of what it should be, cos you can work out the approx power from total weight, slope and speed, assuming no wind. 217 w in an absolute sense is pretty low for climbing, but it would be good if it was say 85 % of you maximal power.

what's your 20 km power on the tacx? What weight of you+bike have you entered on the system?
[/quote']

See this is the thing...I have no idea what my max power output actually is etc. Mmmh...I need a power meter. Weight entered was 87kg's for me and my bike...which i sa rough estimate..