Crit racing in Durban, leave your name

singletrackmind

Would you join in?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join in?

• Yes
    • No

I would like to do this for the Durban guys as we seem to be lagging behind in having this type of racing

Would like to have a R10 entrance fee but that will all be used towards prizes. I have a small sponsor for the event so far but i would first like to find out who would join in to see if im wasting my time or not.

This would be a great opportunity to bring up fitness and racing skill for us Durban boys and girls.

Give me your feed back please as I would like to get this started ASAP.

Racing laps will be chosen depending on turn out.

And please inform me in ways you think my idea could improve

singletrackmind2008-10-22 07:00:48

Depending on the time of the year, I would certainly be there.

Don't know that area well but do know that traffic is quite heavy there. Will you be able to swing a race of this kind at peak traffic times?

That road is not to busy' date=' there are hardly any cars up there after 5-30, i ride there most days. We will have marshalls at all road intersections so should be safe

It will be during summer
[/quote']

For a crit you need FULL ROAD CLOSURE...

Safety must be guaranteed 100%

I think you may have problems using a public road for an organised event unless you get permission. However if its done properly there's a whole bunch of guys who would race.

Nope we dont have a race track.. Well maybe umgeni road but that doesnt count. Are there any big parking lots you guys can think of?

Then it wont work here... Where else could we do this?

You could look at some sort of industrial area that clears out after working hours or on the weekends. In the eighties we used to race kermesse at Prospecton and Springfield on the weekends. Don't know if it would be possible now?

Come to think of it, we also did one at the University but that was flippen hilly and you wouldn't get many people coming back for a second one!