SA Champs 09 Jnr Men

THE BODY CENTRE

YAY! you got a pic of one of the adler boys (cant see properly which one it is but thanks!

Loving the constant uploading of the pictures?

Are you a race official or team manager ronelle?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At SA's last year. Presumeably you both contributed equally in the break. So a sprint would have been fair. I'm sure in a few years time you are going to kick your own ass if you feel that you could have won. Being a national champ is a very nice thing to have on your cv. Coming second not so much..

MudDee, maybe in another race, but as far as i can remember, Christopher was sick last year's SA's? He raced, but didnt place in top 30 (stand to be corrected on that nr) Johann v Zyl won with a strong steady sprint. Clinton (won is now U/23 cham) was 2nd, Rourke 3rd. (just remembered i hve a pic)

20090313_112358_IMG_7835.jpg

At SA's last year. Presumeably you both contributed equally in the break. So a sprint would have been fair. I'm sure in a few years time you are going to kick your own ass if you feel that you could have won. Being a national champ is a very nice thing to have on your cv. Coming second not so much..

mm, like Jaco Venter who was 2nd at Jnr SA's road with team mate winning and now he is kicking has own ass because he won the TT overall, in a good caring team and on his way to race in Switzerland this weekend.

Stefano is in the same steup and will be well on his way to much greater things soon...

mm' date=' like Jaco Venter who was 2nd at Jnr SA's road with team mate winning and now he is kicking has own ass because he won the TT overall, in a good caring team and on his way to race in Switzerland this weekend.

Stefano is in the same steup and will be well on his way to much greater things soon...
[/quote']

Please you just say that cos you probabely made the call.

Kids shouldn't give away titles, he might never win one again and he will so regret that. One crash one nasty virus and its over and no title, no one remembers 2nd unless your name is Poulidor.

I didn't give mine away I came badly prepared, came second at kilo nationals once. Realized I could actually one, realized even my category national record was possible. I went for it the yeiar after, they canned nationals. Soon after that my kidneys packed up my liver packed up. I will probably never be able to take a title again because of that I missed my shot(as i missed some before).

I think this is very sad at least make em sprint each one side of the road from 1 k or 500m to go.

mm' date=' like Jaco Venter who was 2nd at Jnr SA's road with team mate winning and now he is kicking has own ass because he won the TT overall, in a good caring team and on his way to race in Switzerland this weekend.

[/quote']

Kids shouldn't give away titles, he might never win one again and he will so regret that. One crash one nasty virus and its over and no title, no one remembers 2nd unless your name is Poulidor.

I didn't give mine away I came badly prepared, came second at kilo nationals once. Realized I could actually one, realized even my category national record was possible. I went for it the yeiar after, they canned nationals. Soon after that my kidneys packed up my liver packed up. I will probably never be able to take a title again because of that I missed my shot(as i missed some before).

I think this is very sad at least make em sprint each one side of the road from 1 k or 500m to go.

actually, I didnt. ( o, no wait.. I did give one or both of them a waterbottle from the side while they both were still in the bunch, maybe there is where they got the idea from me...since I could predict that they would just ride away later)They talked amoung themselves in the break. But no stress.. I am used to the Hub of misconceptions, allegations and all the rest...

Maybe this, maybe that wont change squat. The team rode a very good race and it is only with teamwork and close trust like that that they stand any chance when racing abroad. I am proud and happy of the way they are riding against huge odds and numbers in every race.

Austin2009-03-13 23:43:04

Kids shouldn't give away titles' date=' he might never win one again and he will so regret that. One crash one nasty virus and its over and no title, no one remembers 2nd unless your name is Poulidor.

[/quote']

actually, I didnt. ( o, no wait.. I did give one or both of them a waterbottle from the side while they both were still in the bunch, maybe there is where they got the idea from me...since I could predict that they would just ride away later)They talked amoung themselves in the break. But no stress.. I am used to the Hub of misconceptions, allegations and all the rest...

Maybe this, maybe that wont change squat. The team rode a very good race and it is only with teamwork and close trust like that that they stand any chance when racing abroad. I am proud and happy of the way they are riding against huge odds and numbers in every race.

I said probabely so no allegation, get over yourself

Back in the days when I was still coaching we often talked scenario's like this through before the race so it is possible.

I rather saw my kids ride the sh*t out of eachother. Team tactics numbers game that's for pro's or top elite's kids should thoughen up not sit back coz a lightie in the same shirt is up the road. My five cents, hey but what do I know about this

Cheers crazy former cyclist

former kids coach

Kids shouldn't give away titles' date=' he might never win one again and he will so regret that. One crash one nasty virus and its over and no title, no one remembers 2nd unless your name is Poulidor.

[/quote']

I said probabely so no allegation, get over yourself

Back in the days when I was still coaching we often talked scenario's like this through before the race so it is possible.

I rather saw my kids ride the sh*t out of eachother. Team tactics numbers game that's for pro's or top elite's kids should thoughen up not sit back coz a lightie in the same shirt is up the road. My five cents, hey but what do I know about this

Cheers crazy former cyclist

former kids coach

Have some respect you german... Have you produced any international pro riders yet through ''your training and oh so very clever tactics''?? Not that I know of! But what I do know is that Austin is the best coach and manager anyone could ask for and the results says it all. So the only one who needs to get over themselves in YOU...

Have some respect you german... Have you produced any international pro riders yet through ''your training and oh so very clever tactics''?? Not that I know of! But what I do know is that Austin is the best coach and manager anyone could ask for and the results says it all. So the only one who needs to get over themselves in YOU...

I will send you a PM of what my kids or kids of my coaching tem have achieved.

I think valuing someone by how many pro riders he created is overrated, there are many kids around and not all of them got the talent though also the less talented deserve our attention

I will send you a PM of what my kids or kids of my coaching tem have achieved.

I think valuing someone by how many pro riders he created is overrated' date=' there are many kids around and not all of them got the talent though also the less talented deserve our attention
[/quote']

ClapClapClapClap

I am battling to understand this- surely the hudges have a photo system at the finish (this is nationals after all) and then they award the price to the person who is first. ?If the guys choose to hold hands that is fine but one will be in front of the other.

I must agree on the comment re juniors choosing not to sprint for a national title. ?You never know if you will ever get a chance again in your life. ?I still can remember winning mine almost 20 years ago. At the time I was sure it was the first of many but I could never repeat it....

I think Stef showed muge maturity in what he did. He is destined for bigger things than a junior SA's title. He was there at the end and no-one can take that away from him. When he looks at the photo he will know he put the team above himself and was not prepared to break the trust shown him by Chris.

This is a team of champions, already moulded by the time they were offered rides at Garmin.

ya german i'd also like to see your team's cv???

you're a joke... why don't you reveal your identity??

probably created a fake profile...

i'm pretty sure my kidney or liver won't pack up, i live a healthy lifestyle.

ya german i'd also like to see your team's cv???

you're a joke... why don't you reveal your identity??

probably created a fake profile...

i'm pretty sure my kidney or liver won't pack up' date=' i live a healthy lifestyle.
[/quote']

That's very low, I was one of the top ranked riders in tha cape at that time so think I was quite healty too, one nasty bug can mess you up for good.

expect a pm then I expect an apology

German... These laaities are still Juniors, rather have a look at a Austin CV and see how many riders he has changed into top pro cyclists..

Remember the Barloworld laaities, well they were John-lee August, Jacques Janse v Rensburg, Johann Rabie, Jaco Venter...Guess what, all these riders are top class and in great teams

Lets not stop there, what about the Velits brothers, didn't Austin coach them as well...mmm...o and they riding for Milram now!!!

Bru come back to life and realise that you werent actually a coach you GERMAN!!! 

pete2009-03-14 11:45:13

German... These laaities are still Juniors' date=' rather have a look at a Austin CV and see how many riders he has changed into top pro cyclists..

Remember the Barloworld laaities, well they were John-lee August, Jacques Janse v Rensburg, Johann Rabie, Jaco Venter...Guess what, all these riders are top class and in great teams

Lets not stop there, what about the Velits brothers, didn't Austin coach them as well...mmm...o and they riding for Milram now!!!

Bru come back to life and realise that you werent actually a coach you GERMAN!!! 

[/quote']

Pete,

Its not so hard to grab a bunch of talented kids and then get them up a notch. Iused to start from young age often limited or no cycling experience and am proud of where my kids got. I will send you the same PM as Moriana and then judge.

This whole argument seems to have started over the fact that Chris and Stef didn't sprint for the line, instead choosing to come across together. I can assure you that the decision was made between the riders to do so, they were not told to do so by the manager/coach. I can also assure you that Stef's sacrifice was not made in vein....