Scotty S20

Spurzzz

Heloooooo .. this is my first post ... so excuse me if its not in the right place Wink

I've been wanting to upgrade from an old 03 Sora bike after a year of riding.

I can get a NEW 07/08 Scotty S20 for 10k with full 105 grouppo

Any advice pls? is this a good deal ?

Considering the latest prices and the premium you pay on a Scott, I would say that R10 000 is a pretty good price, assuming that it is original spec.

Spurzzz welcome to the hub! Not a bad price for full 105, but check its pricing on the web to compare. Just remember if you buy it now and sell it in a couple of years it would of dated quite a bit with the rate new groupsets come out. Also have a look at the bike yourself, you'll see here on the hub the definition of the term 'new' varies a lot.

Its a good price for a really nice bike, I'd say go for it. What colour is it? I think 07 was white and 08 black.

Its white and 10 speed. 

I can't believe how expensive the alternatives are ...

Spurzzz welcome to the hub! Not a bad price for full 105' date=' but check its pricing on the web to compare. Just remember if you buy it now and sell it in a couple of years it would of dated quite a bit with the rate new groupsets come out. Also have a look at the bike yourself, you'll see here on the hub the definition of the term 'new' varies a lot.[/quote']

Other than colour differences (2009 is now black), Shimano 105 has stayed pretty much the same since the 10sp was launched in 2006. So I think it is a long time until that g/set is going to be outdated.

I would immagine that it would be the same for at least another year. Shimano tend to replace their models annually from the top down. The new Dura Ace was launched late 2008, the new Ultegra has just come out a few weeks back, so I assume a new 105 is on the cards for 2010.