Tonight!

jamex

This is what happened to me after work today!

Yes i had lights flashing on the bike. The simple b--ch calmly sat in the car did not even get out of the car she had hit me from behind. I'm sure she was intoxicated, her friend who was following her said he saw me. When i mentioned i'm sure she was drunk he quickly said no that she was on heavy anti depressents. All i know is thats is flipping sore! Luckly all i have is just the grazz down my left leg.Tomorrow i'm going to ***.Needless to say the bike is fu.... Now the fight with the insurance company!20090513_122832_DSC00617.JPG20090513_122920_DSC00619.JPG20090513_122957_DSC00622.JPG20090513_123039_DSC00623.JPG20090513_123121_DSC00624.JPG20090513_123150_DSC00627.JPG

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Set your legal representative on her bud. That is the way to deal with them nowadays. Hope you feel ok in the morning and thank heavens you are alive.

Ouch that looks eina. Why didn't you get the cops to the screen of the accident if you thought she was drunk

Eina man!

Scrub hard and get everything out and use bactroband ointment before dressing the lower deeper graze with a surgical dressing (over grown plaster). Replace plasters at least once a day for the first 3 days.

Good advice for the future: try wash the graze with water (or your juice in your water bottle if you can't get water ) asap to help get germs out and speed up recovery dramatically. 

Jamex was wonder how high those cuts go? You care to take another photo so we (all the Dr's & nurses) on the hub can have a better look Wink

If we don't ask we will never know 

Saddle is ripped on the side GT oke!

The Ambulance guys who was on the scence also thought she was a tipsy. I was told that in a insurance case if there was any alcohol then they dont pay out! Haven't the time or money to go the legal way.

The sad part is she got away with it, so she will do it again and maybe next time she will hurt someone real bad.

Did you get her details? 

You may also be able to lodge a Road Accident Fund claim. Check it out. Also try find witnesses. Place an ad in the local newspaper to help you with this whilst it's still fresh in someones mind.

thing is: the intoxicated one doesn't get a payout from their insurance company, but you still will. What happens in the background is the insurance turns around and claims everything from her personally. I hope you whipped out your mobile phone and went snap happy on the accident scene.

and most definitely try a Road accident claim.Capricorn2009-05-13 13:04:09

I'm sure you will be fine with the claim. The drunk person won't be able to claim from insurance, not you. Try and get the details from the ambulance service tomorrow if you want to take it further. She might not even have a drivers licence. Report the accident within 24 hours just in case... Like you would do for a normal car accident.  

Yep got her details. And her husbands who came afterwards.

And Skye i cannot take photo any higher.One handed is difficult and it stopped there anyway!