Let's see those Morewoods...

Iwan Kemp

Hi, here is my newest Morewood.

Kwela 29 frame, XTR drivetrain with XT FD and Formula K18 Brakes. ZTR Arch EX rims on Project 321 Front and Hope Pro II Evo Rear Hubs. Cannondale Lefty Speed Alu Fork. Easton Haven Lo-rise Carbon Bars. Control-Tech Stem. Fizik Gobi on a EA70 Post (soon to be KCNC SC Pro Lite) Whole Shebang as in the Pics is 10.1kg (newly calibrated digital goods scale).

The Last Pic is the Fleet in the Garage. Small Shova ST, Med Shova ST, Med Zula. Med Kwela. Soon the be joined by 2 special order Kwela 29 Singlespeeds.

post-8479-0-99842800-1335949037.jpg

post-8479-0-29652900-1335949050.jpg

post-8479-0-30708200-1335949060.jpg

post-8479-0-72818800-1335949240.jpg

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ the boarder ... allot of pimp in your garage :thumbup:

The Kwela SS ... are they doing a custom for you or are you going with a chain tensioner?

Hairy,

I am going to be doing a collaboration with Morewood Re: Singlespeed. I am going to be machining and supplying the tapered headtube and 55mm bottom bracket shells. they will then weld the 2 frames up. One Small for the missus and one Med for myself. Missus decided the SSWC looked like too much fun to miss out on. I am going then to be running the Niner EBB on the Singlespeeds and will be building hers into a geared bike after the SSWC. (http://www.sswc2012.co.za).

Morewood are really going the extra mile and will only be undertaking the project on the understanding that I will be supplying all the non standard parts, and working with them to make sure it is the least amount of hassle for them to produce. I will have to supply all the various pieces heeded to make sure the bb shell and headtube fit the welding jigs etc. After SSWC we will see what the interest is like and they may possibly do a small batch run of SS 29er frames.

Hairy,

I am going to be doing a collaboration with Morewood Re: Singlespeed. I am going to be machining and supplying the tapered headtube and 55mm bottom bracket shells. they will then weld the 2 frames up. One Small for the missus and one Med for myself. Missus decided the SSWC looked like too much fun to miss out on. I am going then to be running the Niner EBB on the Singlespeeds and will be building hers into a geared bike after the SSWC. (http://www.sswc2012.co.za).

Morewood are really going the extra mile and will only be undertaking the project on the understanding that I will be supplying all the non standard parts, and working with them to make sure it is the least amount of hassle for them to produce. I will have to supply all the various pieces heeded to make sure the bb shell and headtube fit the welding jigs etc. After SSWC we will see what the interest is like and they may possibly do a small batch run of SS 29er frames.

Best wishes with the project and I am VERY keen to see the end results!!!!!!!!!

Would having them weld up a rear drop outs like on the On-One frames not have been the easier solution?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/509927773_267e2e7aaa_o.jpg

Best wishes with the project and I am VERY keen to see the end results!!!!!!!!!

+1

@ Hairy.

I think that the easiest solution is the way we are moving forward. It is easier to make a bb shell than to figure out the vagaries of a horizontal dropout system with regards to disk brake position etc. Plus the use of standard QR wheelsets in case you want to use it as a geared bike is also a lot easier to swap over to. Also as stated in my previous post the understanding is that it would be the least intrusive method of production for them. Using their standard dropouts means less modifications etc to the welding jigs and such.

@ Hairy.

I think that the easiest solution is the way we are moving forward. It is easier to make a bb shell than to figure out the vagaries of a horizontal dropout system with regards to disk brake position etc. Plus the use of standard QR wheelsets in case you want to use it as a geared bike is also a lot easier to swap over to. Also as stated in my previous post the understanding is that it would be the least intrusive method of production for them. Using their standard dropouts means less modifications etc to the welding jigs and such.

Got you...........ETA for the frame?

Um............Next Week, early following

Just waiting for my tool and cutter grinder to make up the reamers and facing tools needed to finish the BB shell after welding

sounds interesting, I see you can actually by a raw BB shell form niner for 'home' builders to make use off the EBB design.......nice touch from Niner......

please let us see some pics of the frame.

• 1 month later...

Badabing Bada Bang .... I love my Shova.

The rear shock has just come back from a service and damping system replacement and just feels sssooooo good.

post-5403-0-57360600-1339414873.jpg

aaah man! I can't wait to get my hands on Morewood #3 (4th one in total... but my first one is probably a coke can by now, RIP... so 3 in the garage).

Hopefully will be here in the next week and a bit.

...and still need a Shova for the collection!

Cool Pic Omega

It has been close to a year since I have played at Majik ... how are the trails riding?

Guest Omega Man

Cool Pic Omega

It has been close to a year since I have played at Majik ... how are the trails riding?

That's the bottom of DH2 in Tokai. pic was taken yesterday.

Archived