Newbie question about Polar ProTrainer 5 software

Cycle Fan

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me with the Polar software? I've got a s725x that I'm trying to upload data from into the software. Through the IRda USB thingy, I'm able to send data from the watch to the software which lands in the harddrive in the Polar folder but doesn't appear in the calender, but I can't seem to retrieve the data from the watch via the software. (ie the software can't connect to the watch).

Hope this makes sense and someone can help me.

Thanks in advance Big%20smile

Hi Guys' date='

Can anyone help me with the Polar software? I've got a s725x that I'm trying to upload data from into the software. Through the IRda USB thingy, I'm able to send data from the watch to the software which lands in the harddrive in the Polar folder but doesn't appear in the calender, but I can't seem to retrieve the data from the watch via the software. (ie the software can't connect to the watch).

Hope this makes sense and someone can help me.

Thanks in advance Big%20smile
[/quote']

Does the software make a funny connection sound at any time - like a space gun!

Guest Agteros

How many users are define in proTrainer? Are you receiving it into the correct users' folder?

Hi there is only 1 user defined. If I send data from the watch via the infrared to the PC it lands in the correct folder in the Polar directory but doesn't appear anywhere in the software. When I try and connect to the watch via the software the process just hangs... nothing happens - just says 'connecting' and then nothing?

Is there perhaps a setting on the watch itself that need to enable?

Yup tried all of them. Doesn't seem to be a problem with the ports or the infrared device as I can send the data to the PC but not from the PC to the watch. Damn frustrating....

Going to try phone Polar South Africa and see if someone there can help me...

Thanks for all the advice so far

Hi guys, thanks I've figured it out. Seems you have to make sure that the watch SHOWS a connection to the infrared port to ensure that the transfer takes place.

Thanks for all the help Clap