Ou Kaap se Weg - who to contact -seriously - for ‘routine’ maintenance?

Zebra

Cycling over Ou Kaap se Weg  twice this weekend; Sat heading towards Sun Valley, and Sunday travelling direction Tokai, the UPHILL, HEADING TO TOKAI side requires ‘work’, some of it serious, some less so…

1. there are 3 or 4 spots where large bush ingress up to/over the yellow line puts cyclists into fast-moving traffic, and since an ‘emergency lane’ was created, it should be kept clear, from top to bottom.

2. there is a LOT of broken glass, in say 20+ different places, and the road is in SERIOUS need of a road-sweeper to pass through, cleaning as it goes.

I have a modest success rate of actually getting ‘civic’ stuff done; so am just looking for someone to point me in the right direction, and i will do the hard yards/follow up. 

Any suggestions on where to start appreciated.

Chris

Edited by Zebra
Edited for clarity…

They were working there a few months back.

But just on the main climb.  And even that was insufficient.

The last hill from Silvermine Village to Noordhoek has one in the road ... around blind corners

Really would be nice if they cut back the bushes.

As far as I know, SANparks is responsible for the road over OKW. I wouldn't know who to contact or if they would even do anything.

Submitted; we shall see…..

Service Request successfully created
Service Request Reference Number
Category Level 1
Transport, Traffic and Roads
Category Level 2
Road/roadway - maintenance
Category Level 3
Repair a defect in the roadway, pavement, bicycle lane, etc.
Description
To whom it may concern: Cycling over Ou Kaap se Weg twice this weekend; on Saturday heading towards Sun Valley, and Sunday travelling direction Tokai, the UPHILL, HEADING TO TOKAI side requires ‘work’, some of it serious, some less so…

1. there are 3 or 4 spots where LARGE bush ingress , COMPLETELY up to/over the yellow line puts cyclists into fast-moving traffic, and since an ‘emergency lane’ was created, it should be kept clear, from top to bottom.

2. there is a LOT of broken glass, in say 20+ different places, and the road is in SERIOUS need of a road-sweeper to pass through, cleaning as it goes.

3. There is quite a lot of ‘creeping growth’ of grass which is growing INTO the roadway, at different points; this ‘creep’ reduces the width of the emergency lane, and also ‘captures’ glass, meaning a proper puncture hazard! Your help is appreciated! Thanks Chris

I’ve had a lot of success on eservices when it gets to CoCT issues. But when it is a provincial road or some other government entity it falls apart. It seems that they don’t talk to each other. 

No further reply received, so i phoned Southfield Roads Depot, number just rang and rang, never answered, despite verifying number as correct, seems like the need a VISIT! More later….

I also noticed the Oukaaps issue when driving over there recently. Other roads also develop similar problems- eg Rhodes Drive and doubtless others. There is much that could be done to improve safety of sporting cyclists and commuters alike in CT.