Truvatif Noir

2teeth

Hi ther everyone.

I see CWC have these, so it got me wondering. I am in the market for a new crankset, and i was looking at XT, but then i saw these.

Who has them? And is there any problems with them? Price wise how do the BB and chainrings compare to XT. I know these should be about the same as XTR but at the price, what can i say!! BARGAIN!!!

Any imput will be well apreciated!! Thanks.

PS i still have a Enduro for sale!!Wink

nah - these rock... I've had them for 1.5 years and no blade replacement as yet even.

I have had many sets of Truvativ cranks, and i wouldn't recommend any of them. I reckon the Shimano Hollowtech II design has to be the best out there.

I find that the Truvativ cranks are prone to develop play, and the bolts can rattle loose if you don't put loctite on them.

Although i can't say I rate the Shimano chainrings very highly. I recently put a new SLX crankset on my bike and I was dismayed to see four broken teeth on my big ring yesterday after the Monster. Ok, it was the monstrous Magalies Monster, and it would be unreasonable to expect a bike to get through it unscathed, but I was hoping the chainrings would be a bit tougher than that... I'll probably put the Truvativ blade on the SLX and see how that performs.