indoor trainers

Jon0

yeah you must by a trainer wheel and just use it for the trainer!! there is no way to beat this problem!!

I discovered something quite interesting the other day.

I put a piece of insulation tape around my back wheel.

After an hour of training the insulation tape was a polished silver colour, but it had not worn through to the tyre.

I hate using my trainer indoors because small fragments of rubber rub off into like a fine dust and it is flipping hard to clean it up.

But with the tape it worked hundreds and if you pump your tyre to 8 bars and then tighten the trainer properly you dont get the wheel slipping.

Give it a try, lets see if anyone else has luck smiley20.gif

what  about deflating the tyre the whole way?

Jon0, please do not injure yourself .... Confused

that sounds intresting?? do you think duck tape would work better as its stronger and thicker??

that sounds intresting?? do you think duck tape would work better as its stronger and thicker??

I dont know.

One layer of insulation tape never even got eaten away so why try something meaner? smiley1.gif

Give it a try see if it works for you.

OH yes! The only downside is that it leaves your tyre a bit sticky, but a few minutes on the road and it is all forgotten.

Woofie2009-06-02 10:49:12