disc rotors

Mike T

O K, here's another problem for you techno gurus to solve:

If I have a wheel hub which can only take a 6 bolt, bolt on disc rotor, what good, light disc can I fit that is compatible to Shimano XTR calipers other than Shimano XT bolt ons (in 160 and 180 mm)? Also, if I want to change the front disc to 203 mm is it possible to get an adabter for this?

What bike do you have? Is it a 20 Kg downhill rig? If not, you don't need 203mm rotors unless you weigh maybe 150kg's? Get the right tool, use it the right way, always works.

Guest Big H

Yes, you can get adaptors for 203 mm rotors..... but you will then need to replace your front fork to be 20mm through axle compatible and get a 20mm through axle front hub and have the whole wheel rebuilt. 203mm rotors is only needed by downhillers(as Titus said) and Tandems. The stresses on a skewered fork will cause the skewer to break and leave you with a sh!t taste in the mouth!!!!!!

I don't know why people want these ridiculous big brakes. If I get any more stopping power out of mine, my tyres are not gonna last half a season.

Bike = Merida mission 3000 only ride XC and marathon,  - don't really want 203 rotors but I find very few 180 mm bolt on rotors on CRC's website. All 160 or 185 or 203 mm or 6" or 8" . All I'm trying to do is set up a light pair of wheels for racing.

Why do you want to buy from CRC? Unless you have a big order it's gonna cost you more in the long run. Get normal 160mm Avid discs.