Silver back alpine 2009

kevin

Hi all

Been shopping around in the price range of around R5000 for a bike and have found the Silverback Alpine to be the best value for money, is this correct? Anyone got one ? Are you happy with it? If not which one would you recommend in my ball park....?

NB I am a roadie at the moment and looking at exploring more of cycling in the form of MB so the bike would be recreation riding 2 - 3 times a week and the odd race...

I'm in the same boat as you Kevin. Want to explore the MTB thing as an extra to the road scene.

Just purchased the Alpine, will hopefully get it this weekend. I am having the tubeless conversion done also.

A friend of mine has one, and I believe its good value for money, not the lightest, but surely cheap and durable.

My ex girlfriends son has a Silverback Alpine and for the year and a half of riding it he's had nothing but fun on the bike, seems like a good price for what you getting.. there's also the GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc going for around R5500, then I think there's also some Mongoose's going for around that price range, guess there's millions others out there.... go to the Bicycling website and click on the Buyers Guide then specify what price you're willing to pay for a bike, and what bike you want then it gives you a list of them..

PM me if you want 1 of these

Your price range.

KHS Alite 1000

http://www.khsbicycles.com/Images/Bike_Images/Full09/09-alite-1000.jpg

Frame

Alloy 6061 Hydro Doublebutted w/square chain & seatstays, replaceable derailleur hanger
 ForkRock Shox Dart 1 100mm, Pre-load adjust
 HeadsetCane Creek A-head 1-1/8", Zero Stack
 RimsWeinmann Taurus 2000 doublewall, disc specific
 HubsAlloy disc QR, Cassette
 TiresMaxxis Ignitor, 26 x 2.1, 60TPI
 Spokes14G Black 32?
 Front Derailleur Shimano Deore
 Rear Derailleur SRAM X-5
 ShiftersSRAM X-5 Trigger
 Chain KMC Z9000 w/Missing Link
 CranksetTruvativ Braze 44/32/22
 Bottom Bracket Truvativ power splined cartridge bearing
 CassetteShimano HG50, 11-34, 9 Speed
 PedalsWellgo alloy
 SeatpostAlloy micro-adjust
 SaddleWTB Speed V Sport
 HandlebarAlloy 31.8, 30mm rise
 StemAlloy Forged 31.8, 4-bolt,10?
 Grips PowerTools dual density
 Brake Levers Hayes HML
 BrakesHayes MX4 cable disc 6" rotor

Kevin, unless you absolutely need a new mtb, rather go the second hand route. You can buy a much better performing, lighter mtb second hand for that price.

Kevin' date=' unless you absolutely need a new mtb, rather go the second hand route. You can buy a much better performing, lighter mtb second hand for that price. [/quote']

Thanx for the replies guys...

Nope bought my RC3000 2nd hand and very happy with it so up for any offers aswell that are 2nd guys ?

I bought a Felt Q620 recently for R 5,750. Helluva nice bike for the price, Tektro Auriga Pro hydraulic discs as well, just plain-jane deore kit - but rides very nicely, and quite a bit lighter than other bikes in it's price bracket...