TDF and the power outputs of elite cyclists

Jaco Steyn

Interesting article. I'd like to see something like that where they attempt to modify the power outputs to control for the effect of other influencing factors such as improved training methods and equipment. It would also be nice to see the estimated error in the calculated values. With that kind of info we could start drawing some proper conclusions from the data.

Another article worth reading is this one: The Doping Dilema from Scientific American. Using game theory as a basis, the author hypothesises that it is almost inevitable for doping to be rife throughout the pro peloton.

You should also read the following sidebar articles:

Gaming Baseball: Why Players Dope

The Doping Game: Payoffs That Make Cheaters Into Losers

The Medicine Show: Drugs in Sports

Doping: What a Difference a Drug Makes

Edman2009-07-20 02:33:08

the pro peloton dopes. but they all dope, so its still a level playing field.

just sit back and marvel at how they ride...

hahaha

"I read an article this week, for example, that reports that when the test for EPO was developed, samples from the 1998 and 1999 Tour were used to 'test the test', and 80% of them were found to be positive. "

Doping is part of most professional sports now. I recon if they go back in a few years with newer tests they will find some positives where they currently have negatives.

Has any of you guys ever used USN's VO2MAX? I don't know a lot about all the products out there, but just read that epo increases the red blood cells in your blood, which helps oxygen transport. What does these VO2MAX tablets do?  What are the chances that some ingredient in  these tablets will be illegal in a few years time?