Which lights to get for night rides?

GLuvsMtb

I need to get decent lights for night riding. My current light configuration produces about 80 lumens, which is very under powered. Any suggestions that will not break the bank (under 2k if possible) will be welcome. I would prefer a local supplier before going to CRC with this. So if anyone has suggestions on who has decent stock of lights in CT, I will appreciate it.

Hi

PM Brighterlights

Maybe he has something cheaper.

Products

Revelation-4 (980 lumens) (R6000-00)
The Revelation-4 is our most powerful light and burns for 2.5 hours to 50 hours on its 5 power levels. We include two battery packs of 350g each for a total of 5+ hours on the highest level. [details here]

Revelation-3 (750 Lumens) (R4600-00)
The Revelation-3 is our most efficient light and burns for 5.5 hours to 120 hours on its 5 power levels. It's the best all round performer you'll find anywhere. [details here]

Coming soon... (estimated availability June 2009)

Solo 580 (580 Lumens) (R3600-00)
We've moved a step ahead and developed a all new light with in-house moulded parts offering a beautifully compact light system. The new light head unit weighs only 90g and is fully shock proof and waterproof. The 320g lithium polymer battery provides a high beam (580 lumens) burn time of over 6 hours and dim beam (200 lumens) of 20 hours.

The Solo 580 has all the same features as our bigger lights and is sure to become a best seller with its 24 month warranty. [watch this space]

I've got a set you can demo, PM me if you're keen. Almost in your price range...

Pardon for hijacking your thread - will you guys do any night rides in the next month (Stellenbosch area)

I would be very interested to join