CamelBack

mtbN00b

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to determine what you want to use it for. I don't agree with bigger being better.

I have a big one (Camelbak Magic) 2,l bladder and loads of packing space and a small one (Camelbak Charm) 1,5l bladder and one pocket with just enough space for spares.

I find the big one useful if I intend going for a long ride where I know there are no water stops, but overkill in a race.  You end up packing a whole lot of unnecessary stuff just because you have the space. 

My little one has seen me through bigger races like Sani2C and SabieX, it's light and comfortable and holds enough water to get me from waterpoint to waterpoint.

You need to determine what you want to use it for. I don't agree with bigger being better.

I have a big one (Camelbak Magic) 2' date='l bladder and loads of packing space and a small one (Camelbak Charm) 1,5l bladder and one pocket with just enough space for spares.

I find the big one useful if I intend going for a long ride where I know there are no water stops, but overkill in a race.  You end up packing a whole lot of unnecessary stuff just because you have the space. 

My little one has seen me through bigger races like Sani2C and SabieX, it's light and comfortable and holds enough water to get me from waterpoint to waterpoint.

[/quote']

Don't you lose to much time with refilling?

20090813_013309_200px-Pack_of_c.jpg 

mtbNOOb. This is also a Trade Mark' date=' but for a very different product.

It would NOT be good for you to confuse them!! 
[/quote']

Do they first cut the camel's back of to make the CamelBak and then recycle the rest of the camel to make the Camel pack? Confused

And in any case will it be lighter to have the Camel pack on your back rather than the CamelBak ??

My little one has seen me through bigger races like Sani2C and SabieX' date=' it's light and comfortable and holds enough water to get me from waterpoint to waterpoint.

[/quote']

It's a 600ml difference so whether I have the big one or the little one I end up refilling anyway. I'm of course talking about events where there are 30 kays between water points. On a shorter race the 1,5l is more than enough without filling... I'm no race snake anyway, so 2 minutes here and there is no issue in my life Smile

My little one has seen me through bigger races like Sani2C and SabieX' date=' it's light and comfortable and holds enough water to get me from waterpoint to waterpoint.

[/quote']

It's a 600ml difference so whether I have the big one or the little one I end up refilling anyway. I'm of course talking about events where there are 30 kays between water points. On a shorter race the 1,5l is more than enough without filling... I'm no race snake anyway, so 2 minutes here and there is no issue in my life Smile

Yeah I guess a 1.5L will be enough for me also... it feels like when you get fitter you drink less water ... if this is the case i can save the money and not buy n bigger Camelbak and just practice harder ...  LOL

I'm no race snake anyway' date=' so 2 minutes here and there is no issue in my life Smile[/quote']

Sure, and have you seen how fast snakes go on a bike? Not very, it's a pedalling/coordination/no feet kinda issue for them - even the racing ones.

& you're slower than that Nance?

(Snakes are also gonna have trouble with a Camelbak as the chest strap is too long).

I'm no race snake anyway' date=' so 2 minutes here and there is no issue in my life Smile[/quote']

Sure, and have you seen how fast snakes go on a bike? Not very, it's a pedalling/coordination/no feet kinda issue for them - even the racing ones.

& you're slower than that Nance?

(Snakes are also gonna have trouble with a Camelbak as the chest strap is too long).

Now, now, Lowly worm....

We are talking about RACE snakes here, not your normal garden variety, have you ever seen a race snake? have you? huh?.... no, I didn't think so.. spending so much time in northern Africa, you tend to miss out on such 'stuff'

and.... don't judge my speed by hill #1 at sugar bush, that's just not a fair judgement to make...

btw... I know a few snakes that use Camelbaks and they spend a lot of time here on the hub. Maybe I'll check with them how they deal with the strap issue...

Now' date=' now, Lowly worm....

We are talking about RACE snakes here, not your normal garden variety, have you ever seen a race snake? have you? huh?.... no, I didn't think so.. [/quote']

Typical South Africa - start losing the argument and out comes the race card.

Joe Low2009-08-13 12:32:13

Typical South Africa - start losing the argument and out comes the race card.

LOL

I'm not race-ist, snakes can be as fast or slow as they like... as long as they use the right size Camelbak

Race-hissed?

you makin the cocoa for us tonight Nance' date=' s'bin a long day?
[/quote']

It's been a long week (for a short one).

No, you are!

..you don't know me well enough Joe, I don't drink cocoa but you can make me some hot chocolate if you like.... to stick to topic, can you bring it in a camelbak please? Big%20smile

I'll strap it on hissing Syd & send him slithrin your way - it'll still be hot wen it gets there, he's a racing snake (so long as he doesnt work out how the mouthpiece works & drinks it all).