Hillcrest

Mommy

Hi there, most of these rides (except Jones) seen to be Jhb based.

Any in the Hillcrest / Shongweni / Gibba areas. Also looking for multisport training partners particularly the running and paddling as they are both new to me too.

Thanks,

Lee

contact Bobbie she is always on the bike nowdays and she stays in Hillcrest !!! if you pm me i will send you her details

Can always meet up at Giba for a ride, but I aint doin the the runnin thang.. or maybe I should as some training for the next Muddy BuddyFruitloop2009-08-27 07:15:48

There's a few of us that go to Giba on weekends if you're keen on training in a fair size group

where is Giba ??? i stayed in Durbs all my life and never heard of Giba !!! you guys in durbs making your own names now Wink even renaming all the streets !!

K, the best way I know to get there is if you're coming from Durban, going towards Pinetown, take Fields Hill as if you're going towards Kloof, then take the Gillitts turn off, you'll then drive past a Harley shop, you'll see a hardware shop just after that, take the road turning left after the hardware, carry on down that road (pretty narrow, long, and windy) until you get to a fork in the road, you'll see a sign saying 'giba gorge mtb park', indicating to the left, so go left and then carry on until you see another sign by the start of a dirt road, turn righ onto the dirt road and that will take you to giba Big%20smile Fruitloop2009-08-27 07:24:16

would that be in the kranskloof nature reserve ???? do you go down behind the kloof station ???

Gibba Gorge bike park (Marrianhill) if you enjoy a family atmosphere, apparently the best cuppochino's in Durbs and stunning single track.... can be accessed from Shongweni side via Horizon Farm but please drive sloooooowly.... there are kids and animals it is someones drivewayWacko

www.gibagorge.co.za/

sounds good, I see they have a riding group advertised on their site at 7 on a Sat - might just try that this weekend and see how it goes.

would that be in the kranskloof nature reserve ???? do you go down behind the kloof station ???

You can go that route, past the police station, then at the T-junction turn left, then carry on until you get to a circle, take the middle road and it will take you to Igwababa road, carry on there until you get to another T-junction, turn left, drive over the bridge and you'll see robots, turn right at the robots then carry on until you see that harley shop and hardware store

it's great they even cater for kids cycling parties with rides to the waterfall etc there are a stunning number of different style of paths depending on your abilities... going with people who know the park and have no suicidal tendancies would be your best bet to begin withTongue

I stay just up the road from the place and I don't even know half of the trails yet, get lost sometimes Confused