Roadies - Is this a good buy?

quickdraw

Hi there

Need to find out from the roadbike fundies if this is a worthwhile purchase for 4.5K or if I should look at other options?

Campagnola mirage drivetrain. Looking at getting the bike at that price

20090909_023649_bianchi.jpg
quickdraw2009-09-09 02:53:07

For what it is worth, you can buy a brand new Campag Mirage 10sp groupset with Campag Khamsin wheels for R4 500 at Chain Reation cycles, delivered to your door including postage and taxes. All you need is a frame and the other stuff, which could be quite cheap second hand.

So, the above, considering its age, could be a bit over priced. R3 000.00- R3 500.00would be more reasonable. 

Swerving off the dirt track I see to smoother pastures hey quickdraw Wink bike looks really good but I know almost nothing beyond the aesthetics of these sleek and streamlined machines.

Mmm - ok so will need to shop around.

Hey Matt, nope not giving up the gravel - just considering options for getting some training/mileage in.

At a quick glance and considering the price of new entry level bikes I would say it is a steal. How old is the bike? What wheels/handlebars/stem seat/seatpost etc?

Bianchi Reparto Corse

Price: R 3,500

Ad ID: 142223522
  Visits: 85

Date Listed: 12/08/2009

2001 model Bianchi Reparto Corse, aluminium frame, carbon fibre fork, Campag Chorus groupset, Look peddles, good condition, great bike for racing. R3500onco. 082 906 2399 Durban

Just for your comparison.

On this basis I would say the price is just a bit high...and must agree with above comment that below R4K would be more reasonable. I guess you need to look past the cool aesthetic finish and only at the bike itself

Not looking for anything serious (for now), but it never hurts if it looks good as well Wink

It seems like it is a split decision?