TOKEN WHEELS

sebunya

What you call a storm in Taiwan we call a mild South Easter here in the Western Cape.85mm deep section will never work here.There are a lot of guys down here with 404's and how many do you see at the races when the wind blows.ZIPP

At even the slightest side wind you spend all of your energy just trying to keep the bike on the road with any deep section.Sorry,won't work here in the Western Cape.

Are there no races outside the western cape? Or are you guys afraid to venture out ? You choose your weapons!! I rode an 85mmRr x50mmFr combo at this years Ironman in PE and the wind was blowing from all sides and never - not once had a problem. It wasn't nearly the strongest I've been in I have to admit. But everybody was talking about the wind.

The 85,50mm Wheelset with ceramic bearings and bladed spokes sell for around R8500. You can contact Triangle Sports in Cape Town at 021 706 3977, or in PE at 041 581 7041

You asking guys to buy a set of wheels for 1 or 2 races a year,aint going to happen and those who do will look at the second hand market.It's just not worth it to spend a couple of grand on something you use once a yearConfusedThe market for 85mm deepsection wheels is small and those that are looking at that profile would rather go for full disc.

I'm not asking anyone to do anything. I simply answered a question and explained my experience with deep section wheels. Have you tried  a disc and a 100mm or 85mm wheel yet. Big big difference. If  still not convinced - why not go for 2x 50mm rims? But then for how many races a year can you hold your peak form? 5 or 6? Don't think so and when you do want to perform well, you want to be prepared, right?

And the second hand sets were new once.