SID Team vs REBA Team

TNOSE_E

Anyone got  an idea if there is a weight limit on the 2010 SID Team forks?

Does anyone experience flex on the new SID's.

Robustness compared to the Reba Team?

Keen on getting the SID but worried about damage from Weight (94kg) and hard riding.

The SID and Reba are essentially the same fork...there are minor wieght saving tricks on the SID but they share the same internals and "seals" ie dust wipers...The new SID shouldn't have any problems handling a heavier rider,

Thanks NewVan

But can the SID handle a heavy rider?

94kg' date=' is not that heavy.... Wink
[/quote']

Tell my scale that.....

Okay. Not so long ago RockShox had 2 "top of the range" forks, namely the REBA, and the SID. Riders chose the Reba if they wanted the best performance, and the SID if they wanted the lightest.

Then in 2008, they brought out the new SID, with the 32mm tubes etc. With the new internals (Blackbox Motion Control), it performed better than the Reba, and was still lighter (thus the REBA had no place in the lineup).

Therefore, the new REBA was beefed up a bit (can take 203mm rotor vds the SIDs 180 for instance), and also went up in the travel (120mm). It has the same internals as techguy said, but now fits into a new position in the lineup.

To answer your question, they are essentially the same, with the Reba beefed up a bit.

Now for some anecdotal stuff. I have a SID, it has 3000km on it. I weight 95. I ride it hard. I've used a range of pressures, and have not had any issues. You should be able to ride this as hard as possible (in a cross country sense). If you intend getting airborne, or doing jumps etc. you may want to consider the Reba.

Okay. Not so long ago RockShox had 2 "top of the range" forks' date=' namely the REBA, and the SID. Riders chose the Reba if they wanted the best performance, and the SID if they wanted the lightest.

Then in 2008, they brought out the new SID, with the 32mm tubes etc. With the new internals (Blackbox Motion Control), it performed better than the Reba, and was still lighter (thus the REBA had no place in the lineup).

Therefore, the new REBA was beefed up a bit (can take 203mm rotor vds the SIDs 180 for instance), and also went up in the travel (120mm). It has the same internals as techguy said, but now fits into a new position in the lineup.

To answer your question, they are essentially the same, with the Reba beefed up a bit.

Now for some anecdotal stuff. I have a SID, it has 3000km on it. I weight 95. I ride it hard. I've used a range of pressures, and have not had any issues. You should be able to ride this as hard as possible (in a cross country sense). If you intend getting airborne, or doing jumps etc. you may want to consider the Reba.
[/quote']

Answered my question spot on, thanks.

Sorry in rands that equals R4036 and then you add 14%VAT which is another R565. So in all about R4600!

Free shipping 7-10 days

I have just ordered a Reba Team and will have to see how it rides when i get it.

They have some good prices on their 2009 Reba Race and team units!