Sales etiquette

ryanlynx99

One thing I have noted from last few months of viewing posts on sales and from items I have attempted to buy is that that there seems to be not much of a code of ethics in rules to abide by.

When you sell items on auction sites, if you fail to make payment or to sell the item to the buyer you get negative ratings, which then help buyers make wise decisions in future purchases and also helps keep you from being called a scammer or having your hopes dashed on an item you thought you had pretty much wrapped up the sale on.

Realize that this not quite possible to implement in a forum style classifieds as is on this website, but after a while it does get tedious to hear:

- people calling newbies scammers, and them in exchange getting all heated in return. (Of course there will be real scammers out there and making other hubbers aware is important)

- to have a couple hubbers bidding for an item and then the winner plus runner ups finding out that a local buyer claimed the prize even after being assured their title as top bidder.

- not replying to replies to items on sale or marking item as sold

- if you cancel a sale and don't let winners know (and informing why)

- don't offer Smarties to a poor fella trying to sell his bike cus he hit on hard times

this might all be utopia type dream, and will prob never be able to implement. I am probably guilty to some extent but at least I try my best to be fair and honest in my dealings.

anyone else have any thots or stories to share?

ryanlynx992009-10-29 03:03:27

I bought a bike on the hub which was advertised by another Hubber before he even bought/saw it to try and make a quick buck. Took the pic of Bikebay and advertised it as his while he kept the seller waiting with all kinds of promises while trying to sell it himself. I eventually went and bought it, this fool was still stuffing other hubbers around while I was already riding the bike....!!?? Ouch

I bought a bike on the hub which was advertised by another Hubber before he even bought/saw it to try and make a quick buck. Took the pic of Bikebay and advertised it as his while he kept the seller waiting with all kinds of promises while trying to sell it himself. I eventually went and bought it' date=' this fool was still stuffing other hubbers around while I was already riding the bike....!!?? Ouch[/quote']

I remeber that story.

surely the hub team can add a extra future that rate you as seller/buyer?

don't think its that hard