Race Radio

Pres Com

Do you guys think this is a good thing?

Earpiece radios

After a thorough reflection on the subject of the use of earpiece radios in races, the UCI Management

Committee decided during its meeting in Lugano (Switzerland) on 23rd September to forbid gradually

the use of earpiece radios for all categories of rider. This decision has been taken on the basis of a

very careful study, in particular taking into account the will of the majority of those involved in cycling.

We would remind you that this ban is already in place for the Junior and Under-23 categories.

The ban will be gradually introduced in accordance with a timetable, the first stage of which will be:

?

2010 season: ban for Men Elite and Women Elite Class 2 events of the UCI international calendar,

events of the national calendar as well as the UCI World Championships

We are therefore asking you to take the necessary steps so that you can implement this measure of

ban at all national races registered on the national calendar of your Federation. We are also relying on

you to inform your club teams, your national commissaires and other licence-holders.

My team uses radios.

It is actually a very cool tool.  Helps one with a little bit of tactics and fun banter is always a good laugh..

That said, I think banning it will put everyone on the same level and racing becomes a bit more interesting.....

its a good thing to ban it. At least let elite and amateur racers learn to race on instinct, the pro's seems to struggle with the Idea of a radio ban, maby just because they got used to the idea om being told what to do when and how hard for how long etc.

ITS good for Cycling and will make riders stronger as more breaks will form and the bunch have to work harder to try and catch them.

I think it's a great idea. Make racing much more interesting. Guys will have to think on their "pedals" whether to chase breaks down and who to let go.