Scandal 29er Project

Kiwi

I finaly managed to get some photo time for my Scandal 29. While we were getting some shots done for our website I got some of my baby.

At the moment I'm running in SS mode with standard all rounder On One Model F wheels. I'll be swapping over to American Classics or may be even the new On One carbon 29er wheels if they surface from testing soon.

I had planned to swap over to geared but I just can't pull my self away from single speeder mode!

Nice and clean for once!

20100122_040442_Scandal-29er-SS.jpg

Elixir R's; XX would be better though!

20100122_040543_Scandal-29er-SS.jpg

On One Rigid Carbon Forks; sub 900 grams after you cut the steerer down

20100122_040650_Scandal-29er-SS.jpg

Planet X Superlight Road stem; 120grams but stiff as off road as well. The On One Fleegle Pros are flat with a pronounced sweep, work really well for the wrist on a long ride. Still fiddling with the bar tilt.

20100122_040843_Scandal-29er-SS.jpg

Slot dropouts; I had lots of chain here, I wasn't sure if I'd need to lower the gearing. The On One Groove Amada cogs work well. I like the cleaning groves, they do seem to keep gunk from building up on the chain very well. I'm on an 32x18 now, might look at a 17 or 16 for racing depending on the course, wind direction...

20100122_040947_Scandal-29er-SS.jpg

Stylo OCTs; feel as stiff as anything else out there, drops the weight 40 odd grams over the standard Stylos. YBN S20H chain; cheap as chips but tough enough. On One Stainless 32t ring, stiff as. Everyone is pushing On One to bring out a 36t which will be perfect for 29er 1x9 and 1x10 setups. Should get mega milage out of this baby!

20100122_041425_Scandal-29er-SS.jpg

Kiwi2010-01-22 04:26:15

Hi Kiwi

Very nice. Cool pics. Are those American Classic wheels still on schedule for the end of the month? I see you got some Continental 29er Race Kings in stock. Please reserve me two for the AC wheels.

THanks

Hi Kiwi

Very nice. Cool pics. Are those American Classic wheels still on schedule for the end of the month? I see you got some Continental 29er Race Kings in stock. Please reserve me two for the AC wheels.

THanks

Hi SteveS,

I'll get an update on the eta. A couple Race Kings are aside for you, no problems. Want some Contiseal?

Hi Kiwi

I saw it on your website. How does it compare with Stans' date=' Dr Sludge et al?
[/quote']

Hi SteveS,

It's actually made by Sludge here in SA. Both the Schwalbe and Conti sealants are made by Sludge, they felt it was the best available. Amonia free etc.

• 1 month later...
can't believe I missed this - nice one kiwi......

Thanks Rock!

I've finally gone over to the geared side; still running a rigid carbon fork though. I'll post some pics soon.

P.S I'll have some Pimp Kits posted soon - keep an eye on our website as well. Light weight skewers, seat clamps, headsets and seat posts all colour matched in red, blue, pink, green etc...