Is hanger frame specific?

Justin

Hi

My hanger is bent after a recent faceplant.

I want to get a replacement but don't know if they are frame specific...

I have a Mongoose Tyax Comp.

Please help

Thanks

most are.

mini-hijack: anyone know where i can get some replacements for the old cannondale f1000 i've just built?
holy roller2010-02-01 01:33:09

well my XT long cage fitted on my goose when i still had it. Heres a pic to show you

Sure, but I have a prob with my hanger. The metal thingy that the derailleur screws into.

hmmmm if thats bent you gonna have to replace the hangar, sorry im not concentrating, been up since 2 this morning. I dont even know where youd even begin to look for a new goose hangar. Perhaps try the disties they might be able to help

Holy post a pic of the dropout you need.

will pop it off this arfie and post a pic. as you've seen, it's an oldish bike just want a coupla spares to keep in the camelbak.

will pop it off this arfie and post a pic. as you've seen' date=' it's an oldish bike just want a coupla spares to keep in the camelbak.
[/quote']

There's still space in there for a hangar Confused

will pop it off this arfie and post a pic. as you've seen' date=' it's an oldish bike just want a coupla spares to keep in the camelbak.
[/quote']

There's still space in there for a hangar Confused

i've taken the light sabre out nowBig%20smile

Dead I've recently replaced the hanger on my Kona whatever you do dont lose your original most bike shops will need to see a sample to match your hanger my.LBS had a board with various shapes and sizes and trial fitted them to my frame - I was bright enough or recognition to try and repair my broken hanger and wasted it beyond repair

• 2 months later...

Dead I've recently replaced the hanger on my Kona whatever you do dont lose your original most bike shops will need to see a sample to match your hanger my.LBS had a board with various shapes and sizes and trial fitted them to my frame - I was bright enough or recognition to try and repair my broken hanger and wasted it beyond repair

Hi Tazz, For next time you can buy Kona mech hangers directly from Kona Europe - www.konastore.co.za and if you dont know what type you need just email us with the model and year of your bike and we can send one right away.