Herald MTB entry

Eugene

I'm not moaning, but I thought this rather amusing.

I went on Fri evening to enter for the Herald MTB race. Whilst there, I asked the lady at the entry desk if transponders were needed for the MTB event. She had no clue what I was talking about. After explaining how a transponder works, she went to ask her colleague at the road desk, who also did not know what a transponder was. I told her not to worry, I'll take mine along anyway.

I then asked her where the MTB event started. She didn't know, neither did her colleague at the road desk. They called some guy over, who also didn't know. This guy refered me to Shayne bradfield, who explained.

She then told me that they had run out of race numbers, but not to worry, I could pop in to the Boardwalk and collect one the following morning before the start of the event. I had to explain to her that the event started at 6am in Addo, there was no way that I was going to drive all the way to the Boardwalk to collect my number first. Somebody else was again called. He was very pleased to inform me that the number would be available in Addo.

If there is one small thing that can be done to improve on a very well organised event and that is to train the staff that are helping the participants.

Sho... that's a bit weak hey...

I would have expected the main organizers to give a bit of a pre-entries door opening briefing to the people manning the tables, explaining some obvious terms and some race facts.